Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tempts Sunday

Well, with today off and Surf Club winding down, even I decided to check out Tempts this past Sunday.

I know I've had my opinion of Tempts in the past but must say that I really was kind of excited to go last night. I hear all the rave reviews that it gets here on the board, so walked in with an open mind and eager to have a good time...for a change!

Well, it was my first time there this year and I must say that I was pretty disappointed with the night. First off the crowd was pretty sparce, but expected that for a Sunday...most people do work on Monday. Didn't seem to be any real vibe in there (most people on the dancefloor really weren't really dancing...well maybe just those big guys that were twirling like ballerinas...and I mean that literally) and alot of really messy drunks...saw one kid fall on the dancefloor and these three girls trying their best to hold themselves up right near us.

The music...now I'm not a big Denny fan by any means, so don't hear him too often, but is he always so TRIBAL? Most of the songs that he played, my crew and I couldn't identify (and yes, we do know music), but did hear him play the new Abigail and did hear Valio's "Rapture" twice? I would have to say that was the two highlights. The rest seemed to be kind of boring. No dance circles, etc.

Finally bounced at like 2am and left a little unsatisfied. Granted, this was Sunday and not speaking for Saturday nights...I'm assuming they are way different??? Anyone?

And finally, this post wasn't meant to bash, just to provide a conflicting POV. Some pals of mine that were there that usually go, swore that it was just an off night and they too left early and very disgusted. I would love to hear what some Sunday night regulars thought of the night.

addaboy

Originally posted by saynotodrama

WHY YOU would even go to Tempts, being the Denny hater that you are...completely amazes me!

Well, sometimes we all go places that we don't love b/c our friends want to go...I know I'm not the only one that has ever done that.

Also, with all the HYPE that I hear on this board, I wondered if my experiences were just OFF nights and decided to keep my mind open and give him another shot.

Easy as that.

addaboy

Guest saleen351

I think it is amazing that denny can pack em in 2 nites in a row at the same place..Of course ppl will complain about the music because he has to play enough shit so he doesn't over lap or ppl would get mad...I realized this year -in my opinion that he best attribute is knowing when to drop the old school shit, he seems to mesh it perfect with the night..Not an easy task, for instance un break my heart and airscape kiss where played at least 30 mins apart but it went well..My only wish is that djs get back to the old school build ups..too many djs are trying to get dark,,fuck that I want build ups!!!!! I remember using my fake id in 98 and the build ups were sick...That is what got me hooked on house...

Originally posted by saleen351

too many djs are trying to get dark,,fuck that I want build ups!!!!!

AMEN. I often wonder if I'm really the only person in the club that's not looking to get anger and aggression out with all that dark/evil shit that many DJs are spinning now.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Originally posted by unclebuc

Adam in Tempts........Say it ain't so....lol

Rapture is a Sweet Song!!!!!!

You should have seen it man. I was there with Chris and Robyn and crew, Kim, Nick, hell even Brian came for his first time...granted he stood there pouting and left screaming that Tsettos owed him $10 but made the best of it! lol Too funny.

We were sick of Surf and were all off yesterday, so had to go somewhere...Tempts it was!

As for Rapture...oh yeah...

the night i laid my eyes on you

felt everything around me moved

got nervous when you looked my way

but you knew all the words to say

and your love

slowly moved right in

all this time

oh my love where you been?

mi amore don't you know

my love i want you so

sugar you make my soul complete