Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mekka Tour Officially Canceled- Shows What A Crock The Music Scene Is In America

Last year I lived in london, and I was witness to some of the greatest summer festivals in the UK...the homelands and creamfields festivals were amazing. When I heard that mekka and cream would be invading the US this summer and trying to establish an electronic music scene on a more level playing field I had grand aspirations for this summer. I wanted everyone to know how great the music is and most of all, how fun these events can be.

Unfortunitly the losers who attempted to put together Mekka cited their reasons "as not having enough time" to establish an succesful tour. Honestly, that is the most pathetic and ill planned excuse I have ever heard. The lineups were broad enough and talanted enough that at least 10,000 people should have invaded these respective fields.

I am incredibly disapointed and outraged on the futile attempts of these pathetic organizers. Even more, its a step backwards in trying to establish a more respected music scene. It seems that the music scene will continue to flourish in the crack dens of america, until they all close up, as well. This is a terrible day.

Well yes honestly it is a bad thing, but there are so many factors that go into account when throwing ANY party. Of course this wan't justy ANY party this was a huge touring party. From much of what i hear a lot of it had to do with that the promoters and those in charge of the party did not think by the rate of ticket sales that they would be able to cover their costs. This tour is a VERY expensive proposition epsecially with such large talent, who demand some amazing things aside from just money. So instead of cutting crners and maybe throwing a half assed party (read less or cheaper sound and possibly cancelling talent last minute) they deciced to postpone it until next year. Mekka is a new collective. While i am sure many of those involved with it have thrown parties before, perhaps none of such a magnitude, hence they may not have been properly prepared. So i believe you should take it easy, and not look upon this cancellation as being indicative of the culture, and try to support Mekka in their future endeavors.

And in case you were wondering i am in no way affiliated with Mekka. Hell i hadn't even gotten my ticket yet.