Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall Last Night Review

IT WAS MY FIRST NIGHT AT WEBSTER HALL AND I HAVE TO ADMIT I REALLY LIKE THE PLACE.ATB TORE IT DOWN BUT GEOGE ACOSTAS DIDN'T REALLY PLAY ANY NEW TRACKS I MEAN THERE WERE ALL GOOD TRACKS BUT IVE HEARD THEM ALL B4 I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HEAR SOMETHING NEW BUT IT WAS COOL THAT HE PLAY WORLD IN MY EYES COSMIC GATE MIX.YAKOOZA STRONGER WAS THE NEWEST SONG I HEARD PLAYED.BUT OVERALLL A GOODNIGHT SO I MIGHT BE VENTURING BACK NEXT THURS DEPENDING ON WHOS THERE..THE CROWD WAS OK COULD HAVE BEEN A LIL BETTER BUT THE ENERGY WAS THERE.AS FOR THE MEET UP I COULDN'T FIND ANYONE OH WELL MAYBE THE NEXT ONE.:rolleyes:

I agree with you. ATB was pretty good, Acosta was ok. Corbo surprised me with some goods tracks like Flight 643 at the beginning of the night before ATB came on. You gotta love ATb though, he puts so much energy into his mixing and really gets the crowd going. At the beginning there was a guy video taping, so i'm assuming they are going to release a cd... ATB & Acosta Live from Webster Hall and include some video of the night. I do have one major complaint though. The guys who rigged the turntables did a poor job of isolating them from vibration. The skipping was just unacceptable, both ATB and Acosta seemed pretty pissed about that. All in all, I had a fabulous evening. The crowd was decent, not overcrowded at all but just right.

Originally posted by finesse112

YEA I KNOW DID U WHEN SEE THE TABLES LIFTED OFF THE RIG AND THE SOUND SHUT OFF THAT BUGGED ME OUT

Yeah I agree. That was pretty messed up, although i'm glad they moved the DJ booth onto the stage for the night. It really added to the event. Next time they should really figure our their booth configuration. I've been to too many events where the tables have been mounted improperly and they skipped throughout the night. All it takes is five minutes of testing before the doors open, come on people. Webster Hall is cool for large events, but they have to do something about drink/water prices. IT SUCKS, i can't afford to drink in that place.