Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the deal on the new FUEL ?!?!?

b-side

Anyone know about the Bro's running FUEL.... hopefully it will be done right this time....

Downtown needs more action.... No disrespect to SPACE....but competition in the club scene is good for everyone.

(believe it or not as many times as I have been there I have NEVER had a problem :shaky: )

There's more rumours on what to do with Fuel than on chandra levy's wherabouts (come on everyone groan).

Competition is healthy...ask Microsoft....good analogy, if you think about it. Windows has many good qualities, but there's some problems you just can't ignore...apply space to this concept.

I for one would want to see a reopened Fuel. I went on opening night (courtesy of a very gorgeous french fashion designer), and it was quite the club aesthetically. Decent little lighting rig of Mac 250s, 300s, MiniMACs, Roboscan Pro 918s...the turbosound sound system was too bottom heavy. I had a headache standing on the dancefloor. The DJ on before Padilla was alright (Lord G i think?), but could have been less 'obvious' in his track selection...

What Fuel needs to succeed is a different angle than Space.

Space, love it or hate it, is home to a lot of lowlifes. Fuel should counter with a combination of a relaxed dresscode, and a security force attentive to people being jerks. It's a small enough club to make that possible. Space has high drink prices. Lower drink prices (I think? The one time I went to Fuel I got a fistful of drink tickets from my friend) would work at Fuel. Space gets a lot of top name talent. I think Fuel should aim for this too obviously, but capture those gems that people love, but never get to see over here (Lee Burridge, people of that level) that much.

The difficult competition is going to be the outdoor area of Space. From what I can see, Fuel has no provisions for an outdoor complex of any sort.

Finally, Fuel should get someone on here right away and start taking notes...