Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving to boston

wackydream

im moving to boston for school in september - am i gonna miss the nyc nightlife? is it drastically different? where does one go? my knowledge of the city is very limited at this point, so any help will be appreciated. also, i heard that they are really strict when it comes to fake id's in bars and clubs, but that came from the campus security, so it could have been bs as far as i know...thanx, guys

Boston is a great city with great music.

I used to come down to new york all the time but since the past couple of months it hasnt been worth my time.

All you have to find at first in lansdown street. Five clubs right in a row. With avalons new format and quest to become global the city is now seeing the likes of the biggest djs in the world. Paul van dyke is here tonight, and i know alot of people who are coming from new york. Right next door is Axis which is a world class club without the attitude. This is just to get you started. Once you get accustomed to the city there are a ton of great clubs to go to depending on your music preference.

Just get used of not having any afterhours.

peace

Rich

Originally posted by djresident

What school? I go to BU...and yes security can be really tight around here but it depends where you go!

omg - i just transferred there (cas)! what year are you? what school?

i think i already found lansdown street, its right by fenway, isnt it? during orientation some of the ppl went to a pool hole there, jillian's i think is the name, walked into a whole lot of red sox fans selling "yankees suck" shirts...what time do places close?

as far as security, i would imagine that places around college campuses are strict, but if you go farther away, they would be more lenient...is that a big assumption?

Yeah, Avalon and Axis are definitely the places to go on Landsdowne. You won't find any other place to see some of the biggest stars in the world. If you're looking for an afterhours there's a place called Rise that's a private party every Thu, Fri, and Saturday (gay night I think). Anyways, you just have to find a member to get passes to it or become a member. It's the only place in Boston open till 6 am. It is mad fun though definitely worth checking out.