Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E question

bkissa

i know what ecstacy does and how if you trip too often your body accomodates to it and releases less dopamine and so when you're not tripping you feel depressed.

but i want to know how much time do you need for your dopamine levels to get back to normal.

i know if you don't trip more than the time it takes for your brain to replenish its levels of dopamine, it wont do any damage.

but do any of you x-perts know what exactly is this time period?

thanx guys!

b-

i believe that what you're referring to is serotonin. dopamine release is also associated with ecstasy usage, but serotonin is the major player, and depression can be caused by low levels of this hormone.

providing that you have normal levels of rest & nutrition, the average time to replenish to healthy levels can take between 1-2 weeks. regular daily supplementation of 5-HTP can aid in providing the proper building blocks for serotonin production.

:book:

Originally posted by bkissa

what is 5-HTP???

b-

in short, 5-HTP is the compound used by your body to manufacture serotonin. it's naturally found in some protein food sources, but if you're regularly depleting yourself of serotonin, then supplementation can help the process along. you can find it at any major vitamin or supplement shop.

you can find much more detailed 411 by performing a search post by subject on this board, or looking it up on yahoo...

:book: