Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nyc nightlife

this is making me really mad and upset. i heard the tunnel is not going to be a club anymore once they sell it. i also heard that lime light is going to become a resturant. so this only leaves a few good clubs left. which r vinyl, sf and exit which is soon to be names earth. first we lost club usa then pallium then twilo now tunnel and limelight. which one will be next? pretty soon there will no place to go. this is all thanks to our wonderful mayor and the people who do not resecpt nightlife. by not knowing when to stop drinking, having sex, or taking pills in clubs.

Hey man, I feel for ya. We have the same problems in Chicago. Mad Bar was closed down and it's going to be a restaurant. Crobar Nightclub is on the verge of losing its license. We lost Shelter and Karma. The pain is felt all over the country.

As for the pills, I agree with you, but a lot more people will just tell you that drugs are a part of the scene, you can't stop it, and the government should just leave everyone alone, yadda yadda yadda. I fought that fight before and I fell on deaf ears, so my advice is sit back, let more places shut down and just say "I told you so".

You want crazy? Take a look at the Chicago scene and how insane the authorities have gotten with the drug war. The only consolance I can give is that there will always be a new place. You guys lost the Paradise Garage and Twilo filled that void. Sooner or later, there will be a new place. ;)

D-Jam

osmagfooter.gif

This is supposed to be the party capital of the United States. Where everyone comes to party and throw their inhibitions out the door. I really hope new clubs come along because Centro-Fly, Roxy, and a few slect others can't hold it down by themselves. A city with only a handful of good clubs to choose from is not a party city. Miami is on the rise and their nightlife is incredible. The reaon being, their mayor knows nightlife is a huge contirbutor to the city and thats why he supports it! He also knows the nightlife is where they get their tax revenue from! Bring back the good old days!

well we cant say that the entire night club scene is dead.....yes yes TWILO was a HUUUUUUUUUGE lose and i will miss that place 4ever, but the majority of the clubs that have been mentioned in these posts are all afterhours clubs. so, we can say that teh afterhours scene is dying off, cause that is true, but NYC is littered with places to go, places that guilliani does not even know exist. guilliani is aware of TUNNEL, LIMLIMELIGHT, TWILO, PALLADIUM, EXIT, SOUNDFACTORY......many of those places r known nation wide, but there are places to go to all over the city, unfortunate they close at around 4 or 5 am, and what the hell am i suppose to do after that LOL:laugh: . My opinon is that we are in the middle of a huge "storm" against clubs, and the calm after the "storm" will soon come, and then we can all get back to the nightlife that we once knew....GOD knows that i miss it, i used to talk to him in LimeLight all the time in 1996 peace out peeps..........and keep dancin like nobody is watchin'