Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acrobats in Central Park yesterday!

Did anyone else see the Chinese Golden Dragon Acrobats yesterday at SummerStage? It was amazing! I have some pix, if they come out good I'll post them. Too bad I didn't remember to take the second camera...

It strikes me that, despite all of the newest technology, the most interesting forms of entertainment are the oldest. These acrobats were infinitely more exciting to watch than a Hollywood blockbuster that cost $20 million to produce.

It all comes down to the body... sometimes it can perform unimaginable feats. I'm sure that we as clubbers can all agree with that. Even if the music we enjoy is produced electronically... it's still just the age-old rite of surrendering your body to the drum...

I definately hear what you are saying tastyt! Back in the day when i lived in NY (ok only 3 years ago lol) i would go up to Washington Square Park and see all the people who would perform.... relax and write in my scrappy book... umm well thats what i call it... i think normal people call them sketch books.... i had such a good time just watching people do what they do best with no help of modern technology like you said... just some good old fashion leaping... firespitting and flipping! Actually about 2 weeks ago i was shopping in the village and decided to stop by for good times sake and saw these 2 brothers perform doing all kind of moves (i think there names were tic & tac lol i dunno) ... definately a good time though :monkey:

ah! that was weird; even before read your post i was thinking that the acrobats you were talking about were the chinese golden dragon acrobats. i didn't see em in central park but they travel all over the place so i saw em at great adventure about a year ago and yep they are awesome! there are a lot of those kinda acrobat/dance troupes; i was actually going to go to school for one of em :) heh but yep, those forms of art and dance are THE most entertaining.