Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What happened to guys...

xtotaleclipsex

Honestly what happened to guys having Respect. I have met so many guys who absolutely lack any kind of respect...

I guess it was just the way I was raised that I think guy should be respectful...to themselves...to parents and to girls.

Sorry just felt like bitching today...anyone else feel this way?

I feel the same way. That's a BIG problem I have with my "bf" because he is sometimes really disrespectful towards me. I don't know. I don't think I expect that much. It's not like I want to have my ass kissed. But a little respect would be nice, thank you!

hey- i have a ? that relates to this topic of respect.... did either of u girls ever have a bf that was kinda quiet when he was around ur parents and ur parents bug out b/c they think its a lack of respect or something? not that my parents dont like my bf, cuz they do, its just that they think hes too quiet sometimes and they would rather him be more open and not so uncomfortable around my family. but when i try to explain to them that hes just shy and sometimes theres really nuthin he could say, all they say is "well, if he respects u and loves u, then he'll go outta his way to respect ur family".... GRRR!!! i cant win either way. any advice? :confused:

Glad to see you guys feel the same

There are just certain things I expect a guy to do

be respectful toward my parents..

not stare at other girls if u are with them..

dont make nasty jokes in front of a bunch of girls...

dont curse at your girl

and a lot of other things I just don't feel like thinking of right now

Originally posted by xtotaleclipsex

Honestly what happened to guys having Respect. I have met so many guys who absolutely lack any kind of respect...

I guess it was just the way I was raised that I think guy should be respectful...to themselves...to parents and to girls.

Sorry just felt like bitching today...anyone else feel this way?

i killed them all so id be the only one left and id get all the dates :D :D

Originally posted by barvybe

That sucks. i figure that a lot of guys must be encouraged somehow to act that way. otherwise, they wouldn't do it / none of you girls would be going out with them and us nice guys would rule the roost :)

which brings us back to the age old adage that girls go for the assholes...i thought girls liked to be treated like shit. cuz i see it all the time. and the bigger asshole a guy is, the more chicks he's got. too nice = bad bf, right girls? so the nice guys, after many unsuccessful yrs. figures that if they want to get a girl they have to act like a jerk. just my experiences

Originally posted by clubgodraver

which brings us back to the age old adage that girls go for the assholes...i thought girls liked to be treated like shit. cuz i see it all the time. and the bigger asshole a guy is, the more chicks he's got. too nice = bad bf, right girls? so the nice guys, after many unsuccessful yrs. figures that if they want to get a girl they have to act like a jerk. just my experiences

I've seen that a lot too, but there are some of us girls who want the nice guys. I'm not talking about a guy who will be whipped and do everything I tell him, I think that is disguting...but I definately don't go for assholes. Well some of the guys I've gone for tuned out to be assholes, but once that happened I stopped talking to them.

I've seen that a lot too, but there are some of us girls who want the nice guys. I'm not talking about a guy who will be whipped and do everything I tell him, I think that is disguting...but I definately don't go for assholes. Well some of the guys I've gone for tuned out to be assholes, but once that happened I stopped talking to them.

well i'm glad to hear that there are some women out there like you sweetie. i agree w/ u on the fact that guys who get whipped don't make good bf's. my friend's girl has him on a leash. i think its pathetic. its just the saddest sight i've seen.

Originally posted by clubgodraver

well i'm glad to hear that there are some women out there like you sweetie. i agree w/ u on the fact that guys who get whipped don't make good bf's. my friend's girl has him on a leash. i think its pathetic. its just the saddest sight i've seen.

Yup... I have some gilfiends who do that to thier bf's..well actually their bf's let the girls do it to them.

It is one thing to care for each other and want to do things fo each other...but to follow someone aound like a little puppy is just sad.

Oh and one other question I wanted to ask...has anyone ever noticed that guys of cultures outside the US have a greater amount of respect for women.

I definately have...I lived outside the US in Turkey when I was young and still visit family there, but all my family members, friends, and guys I have met there have such respect toward women. Not every guy, but the culture in general teaches guys to treat women with respect.

Yup... I have some gilfiends who do that to thier bf's..well actually their bf's let the girls do it to them.

It is one thing to care for each other and want to do things fo each other...but to follow someone aound like a little puppy is just sad.

Oh and one other question I wanted to ask...has anyone ever noticed that guys of cultures outside the US have a greater amount of respect for women.

I definately have...I lived outside the US in Turkey when I was young and still visit family there, but all my family members, friends, and guys I have met there have such respect toward women. Not every guy, but the culture in general teaches guys to treat women with respect.

well i've never been outside the US, well except the bahamas, but i wasn't living there i just stayed for a week. but anyways...i think it varies from each guy. i think women should be respected. its more of how your parents brought you up. i was brought up to treat women w/ respect and to be a "gentleman" as u would call it. so i guess it is cultural in a sense.

I am totally with clubgod! I have seen it so many times, girls always go for the arrogent assholes who think there king shit. Because there the ones that are aggressive when flirting with girls. The girl will always say, hes just confident. But 2 weeks later he gets bored with her treats her like crap and leaves.

And then they bitch that there are no nice guys out there. For you girls who are bitching about not getting any respect from your BF. No respect = a shitty relationship. I Bet that your relationships will end by him cheating on you.

Ladies, next time you see a guy who holds a door open for you and gives you a nice smile(only if he doesnt flirt). Go ask him for coffee, hes probably a nice gu

...but in my experience girls go for the ahole guys because they are edgy and exciting. i probably would because i like a girl who keeps me guessing and is a little hard to figure out. but, as its been said already, in the end edgy doesn't mean good. edgy doesn't mean supportive, loving or respectful.

nice and being whipped aren't the same thing. nice is about understanding what's important to someone else and supporting them AND expecting the same in return. when you find someone (boy or girl) that's cool, nice, supportive and strong in yourself you've found a keeper.

i've found that twice so far and screwed it up both times 'cause i wasn't ready for real commitment yet. hope i haven't wasted all my chances....

keep it real and don't take the good stuff for granted.

...but in my experience girls go for the ahole guys because they are edgy and exciting. edgy doesn't mean supportive, loving or respectful.

nice and being whipped aren't the same thing. nice is about understanding what's important to someone else and supporting them AND expecting the same in return. when you find someone (boy or girl) that's cool, nice, supportive and strong in yourself you've found a keeper.

i've found that twice so far and screwed it up both times 'cause i wasn't ready for real commitment yet. hope i haven't wasted all my chances....

keep it real and don't take the good stuff for granted.

With an attitude like that, I'm sure you'll find the person you are meant to be with. :love: That's the the attitude every intelligent, caring, "normal" female wants a good solid relationship....is looking for:) :)Respect is supposed to a mutal thing between people, whether it's a b/f - g/f or just very good friends. Without it you won't get very far in life.

It depends on what culture you're talking about. In some countries you can't so much as say "no" to a guy without having him take it as an invitation to pursue you. A friend of mine spent a semester in Costa Rica. She's used to guys here aggressively pursuing her but she said they don't even compare to the rudeness the Costa Rican men displayed. Another friend of mine was in Italy, and a waiter was harrassing his girlfriend; he went so far as to open the bathroom door while she was in there, and he pinched her butt! I don't know if that type of behavior is typical, but the people in the restaurant didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

One other thing about places where women are treated very respectfully- they unfortunately are sometimes also thought of as inferiors. I want respect, but I'll take equality over respect any day.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

With an attitude like that, I'm sure you'll find the person you are meant to be with. :love: That's the the attitude every intelligent, caring, normal, wants a good solid relationship....is looking for:) :)Respect is supposed to a mutal thing between people, whether it's a b/f - g/f or just very good friends. Without it you won't get very far in life.

Thanks for the encouragement hon :) i'm a pretty positive minded guy, so i'm sure i'll end up in a good situation...

...sounds like you're looking for a guy just like me :) lol

*MUAAA*

Originally posted by batidde

I am totally with clubgod! I have seen it so many times, girls always go for the arrogent assholes who think there king shit. Because there the ones that are aggressive when flirting with girls. The girl will always say, hes just confident. But 2 weeks later he gets bored with her treats her like crap and leaves.

I guess I'm the opposite of the girls you are talking about. I don't like guys who are aggessive when it comes to flirting... I love guys that are shy and a little more mellow about things. Only thing with that is with shy nice guys...sometimes it is so hard to get something started because he is too shy and I like guys to make te fist move..which can give mixed signals that he isnt interested in the girl.

Originally posted by tastyt

One other thing about places where women are treated very respectfully- they unfortunately are sometimes also thought of as inferiors. I want respect, but I'll take equality over respect any day.

You ae ight..I should have stated that not every other culture.

Definately not ones like Afganistan and such, but I know in Turkey the culture is wonderful. Well I just miss it there so don't mind me. Maybe next summe when I go on vacation again I will meet a guy there ( lots of dark hair, olive skined, hotties) and my father would be very happy about that too. :spin::love:

Thanks for the encouragement hon :) i'm a pretty positive minded guy, so i'm sure i'll end up in a good situation...

...sounds like you're looking for a guy just like me :) lol

*MUAAA*

Ya never know, it could love at first post

:D:love::D

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I can't show much respect, it's just not me. I can have respect for a girl and not necessarily show it very often.

I find that it doesn't feel right to be very respectful, and it isn't me. I'm just honest and direct, and the majority of the time, it seems fucked up.

There is a difference between respect and honesty........