Clubplanet Nightlife Community

starting to sway away from trance and house

chynado11

:D oh yes its me again...i wanted to know if anyone else agrees about some of the clubs switching to playing trance and house to now what it seems to be is hip hop everywhere you turn...(i.e) platinum , five afterhours, Volt (formerly babylon), even 1223..hiphop is good but is it just more appealing to the crowd?? i am disappointed that only parties like Buzz and Glow (club settings) are keeping the diversity in music alive in the Dc scene and of course there are raves but I dont go to too many of those anymore I prefer clubs

alright just my two cents

:bounce:

...ongoing issue in DC. I mean, don't get me wrong, i like hip hop and everything but I think the clubs should just pick one type of music if they aren't big enough to have rooms for each. hehe there's one "club" (aka shitty bar that tries to be a club once a week) here that switches the DJ's back and forth, so you have chase the house music from the main floor to the patio and back again alll night. That's always cute. :rolleyes: But it's been our experience that in DC in particular, the major draw is for hip hop, and not house. So money wise, much as that sucks, it's sometimes only feasible to run a party if you're bringing in the hip hop, mainstream crowd. A few clubs fill that house niche and it's tough to get many more going... (something being worked on at the moment)