Clubplanet Nightlife Community

post-roll depression?

Just got back from South Florida, and yeah the Club Space party (formerly Mekkatour) Saturday night was great. It has been a rough and excessive past week for me down there...more rolling than I've ever done in such a short period of time.

Like a lot of people I normally get post-roll depression but today, especially on my flight home it was absolutely crushing, like I couldn't stand it any longer. I even kept my shades on because I was convinced people were able to see something was wrong with me. It was definitely some kind of emotional rollercoaster that I won't forget any time soon.

My questions are, just how bad has it gotten for some of you in the past? and is there anything you can do to counteract it?

Well its like this. WHen you take a "roll" the pill causes your brain to release all your body's seratonin (Serotonin is a chemical that helps maintain a "happy feeling," and seems to help keep our moods under control by helping with sleep, calming anxiety, and relieving depression.) WHen you take a pill, the MDMA causes your brain to RELEASE ALL OF ITS SERATONIN. When your done ROLLING, you will have a VERY LOW LEVEL OF SERATONIN, THIS IS THE REASON. Low Serotonin levels are believed to be the reason for many cases of mild to moderate depression which can lead to symptoms like anxiety, apathy, fear, feelings of worthlessness, insomnia and fatigue. ANYWAYS the day after, i would suggest taking a substance called 5-HTP (hydrotrytophan or tryptophan) This substance can be purchased at most VITAMIN STORES. THIS WILL DEFINETELY HELP in restoring your levels back to normal. FOR a BETTER ROLL, preload with 5-HTP before you take your roll (more details already posted on this site, do a search)

I know what your going through...I jsut got back from a week in Ibiza where we rolled every night (7 in a row)....I took about 18 pills and definitely felt horrible from the plane ride home and then three consecutive days after.......It kinda has stayed with me a little since then (about a week and a half since I've been back)...

Life just seems not to matter when we feel like this....everything sux. But it does get better and we will get through it. But every time I think we get closer and closer to stop doing pills for good.....

Anyone feel that way too/?? :confused:

What goes up must come down. I usually don't get it that bad. What really sucks is when the depression hits two or three days later. It's not as bad when it's the day after, because you're recovering and generally feel cracked-out, you expect it then. But if it's a day later all you can think is damn, I didn't think it was gonna happen this time!

I suggest smoking out your blues.

Originally posted by imazzo

My family has been sending me U.S.P.S money orders. Please send whatever you can to Ioney Mazzo 95-60 Queens Blvd. Ste 610 Rego Park, NY 11374. I thank you in advance.

I just mailed you a money order for $20,000. Will that be enough for your husband's bail? Let me know if you need any more.

Also, are there any pills left over?

One time I had the PR Depression so bad that I started crying in front of my boy and couldn't control it or stop. Freaked me and him out.

I've had it hit me for as long as two weeks afterwards. Paranoia, depression, anxiety, the usual suspects.

fp

:blank:

Originally posted by fatpapi

One time I had the PR Depression so bad that I started crying in front of my boy and couldn't control it or stop. Freaked me and him out.

takes a big man to admit losing it in front of his boy...i hear ya papi :D

on my flight home i was on jetBlue (where everyone gets their own TV) and I was watching this show on Animal Planet where they were rescuing tiny puppies from a drain pipe. You can imagine how I felt then! I nearly lost it :laugh:

I have never really experienced post roll depression. More like anxiety, or getting over stressed easily.

Like every little thing at work stresses me out for a while after rolling. I actually thought about stopping all together for a while, actually I am still thinking about it, since I think it's having a direct effect on my performance at work, and my relationships outside of work.

I had a really bad depression after my first ever roll. Ended up messing up a real important relationship. Now I know better than to make decisions after rolls.

Just tell yourself that its chemicals. When you can think of it this way you can sorta seperate yourself from the depression.

fossor, you're absolutely right.

My first time I was in a similar situation with the depression and paranoia being directed towards the relationship I was in. Could have messed it up *big time*.

No one told me that it was a part of the X. I'd heard all about the serotonin and what it does but didn't know about the depression and what not. It didn't take me to long to figure out something was going on brain-wise and I was able to figure it out.

now that I know, I can handle it.

fp

yeah, sometimes it's just best to hole yourself away for a day or two afterwards. I almost messed up a perfect relationship a couple days after I last rolled because of the paranoia and depression. Not to mention that I feel like I'm dumb as a rock for a few days after...

Sometimes I find it helps to just chill out and listen to some of the same kind of music that you heard while you were last rolling. Helps bring the happiness level up.

Originally posted by fatpapi

Anyone else have a massive appetite after rolling? I've found my normally big appetite increases afterwards.

hell yeah...there's nothing better than a BBQ the next day. I assume the reason why you're so hungry is cause of the amount of exercise you got the night before. But the days after that, the PR-depression days, I find that I have hardly any appetite at all.

Originally posted by mane

its called stop using drugs,

mane, you're right. Of course the best thing for people to do is to stop using drugs. However, seeing that throughout history the "just say no" approach has failed, it's probably best that we offer useful advice for people who insist on using drugs. By preaching the evils of E on a substances board, you're bound to be ignored....

i mean, so long as people aren't ABUSING drugs, then aren't most things in life OK in moderation?