Clubplanet Nightlife Community

post-roll depression?

I am about to lose someone that I care about very much because of post roll depression/anxiety/stress... I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking of not rolling anymore, but too many people I hang out with do it, and I don't see that happening. I wonder if there is any other way to go about it?

Originally posted by bouncyboy

I am about to lose someone that I care about very much because of post roll depression/anxiety/stress... I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking of not rolling anymore, but too many people I hang out with do it, and I don't see that happening. I wonder if there is any other way to go about it?

Yeah you can STOP rolling, or at least take a break from it. And you shouldn't worry about what all your friends do. I know it's hard not to, cause it's so damn fun. But seriously, if you're about to lose someone because of it, you need to decide what is more important...rolling or that someone.

But I feel what you're saying, as i just went through some really bad PRD combined with the already stressful/anxious situation of starting a new relationship with someone. It was torture.

Do the right thing...

I hear ya bro, but it might be too late already. I mean I got paranoid about certain things that she said or did, I didn't trust her when I should have. When she wanted to go out with her friends I got worried and pushed her, I may have pushed her away. I hope not. But for now I think I'll stop rolling for a while.

either that or theye is always prozac LOL

Thanks for the advice.

Take a break, stop for awhile.

And if she doesn't know where the depression and paranoia is coming from, tell her. Since you know what's going on and that it's the after-effects, do whatever you have to do to keep it in check.

It's not worth loosing someone you love.

fp

Originally posted by mane

I have the perfect solution to post depression, anxiety stress and insomnia.

its called stop using drugs,

watch

you will feel a whole lot better, beleive me.

:D :D

Mane

Sometimes when I breathe, It makes me cough... so by your logic I should stop breathing?

Originally posted by brooklynkid

mane, you're right. Of course the best thing for people to do is to stop using drugs. However, seeing that throughout history the "just say no" approach has failed, it's probably best that we offer useful advice for people who insist on using drugs. By preaching the evils of E on a substances board, you're bound to be ignored....

i mean, so long as people aren't ABUSING drugs, then aren't most things in life OK in moderation?

Brooklynkid,

I understand what you are saying, I would be a fool to come onto a substances board and Preach the evils of drugs. That wasnt my intention, Contrary, I simply wanted to point out in few words, that in cases of Post ecstacy use , anxiety and stress , the best thing to do to eliminate those symptoms is to not do it at all. or at least temporarily stop. I think all of the post ecstacy depression comes about when people do too much of it, I guess that is grounds for abuse, wouldnt you think?

Originally posted by fossor

Sometimes when I breathe, It makes me cough... so by your logic I should stop breathing?

not sure what you are getting at with this analogy Fossor.:rolleyes:

however if you do indeed have upper respiratory problems you might consider seeing a doctor. you might have an infection of some kind. :D

Originally posted by mane

I think all of the post ecstacy depression comes about when people do too much of it, I guess that is grounds for abuse, wouldnt you think?

heh, of course, though I've experienced PRD just about every time since the first time. So yeah, if you don't want the side effects, don't do it. But some people I know never get it, so I guess it's a variable thing...

Post Roll Depression is related to the fact that you're going home alone and not hooking up.

Going home alone all cracked out at 10 AM when its bright out seeing families going to church is depressing. Then you realize how much money you spent and you get even more depressed. Once you get home and try and fall asleep you can't. Over the course of the night you saw a ton of people getting together. What the fuck happened?, you think, everyone hooked up except me, I suck.

Conversely, going home w/ somebody and getting some action is the best. Nothing is better Post Roll. The whole time you think, life is great, I'm the best. Depression doesn't even enter the mind.

Originally posted by jaronimo

Post Roll Depression is related to the fact that you're going home alone and not hooking up.

Going home alone all cracked out at 10 AM when its bright out seeing families going to church is depressing. Then you realize how much money you spent and you get even more depressed. Once you get home and try and fall asleep you can't. Over the course of the night you saw a ton of people getting together. What the fuck happened?, you think, everyone hooked up except me, I suck.

Conversely, going home w/ somebody and getting some action is the best. Nothing is better Post Roll. The whole time you think, life is great, I'm the best. Depression doesn't even enter the mind.

Wow it's all so clear now.

Fortunately I'm not one of those people that goes out looking to hook up, but I can see your point. I was never really into going home with strangers who are cracked out on drugs but maybe that's something I should look into.

Thanks for the great advice! :D

Originally posted by jaronimo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG

LOL

heh, i love this explanation the most of all the onces that ive ever seen!!!

hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaxl
Originally posted by t0nythelover

dude ive had it so bad that i tried to kill myself. i have a permanent chemical imbalance of seratonin in my brain and i get crazy violent mood swings and depression, my advice to you is to see a doctor asap, they cant get you in trouble with the law so just do it.

I've been there....crying for no good reason other than I couldn't be with my bf, even if it was for nothing else but feeling him next to me. Then the paranoia set in, which made it even worse. So then I start calling him like a crazy fool, of course he's dead to the world and won't answer the phone. I think it affects women differently. I know at the end of the night I'm leaving with him, but then I start thinking damn, when it's all over I still have to go home to an empty bed.

i rolled every weekend for 4 months before feeling any of the depression. i used to think i was invincible. but then the post-roll depression started creeping up on me. i was overly sensitive and would cry at the drop of a hat. at first it was just the cracked out day after, but then the emotional rollercoaster continued into monday and tuesday... i continued to roll every weekend for another few months, and my best friend actually threatened to do anything necessary to stop me from since my mood swings kept getting worse. i wasn't ready to give up partying, so i started taking 5-HTP. i've been taking it every day for a couple months now and i really notice a difference. true, what comes up must come down, but i just remind myself that it will come up again. just remind yourself that it's the drugs. i think everyone who parties goes through these stages. i'm reaching the point where i'm almost ready to stop. e really fucks with the chemicals in your brain. each person has a different tolerance, but you an only handle so much. taking other drugs to avoid the depression and anxiety wasn't the answer for me. it's time to give up the e and do more k. i love my kitty :rainbow: