Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 411 on this weekend?

roxxy0131

Thanks for the site...very helpful even though it hasn't been updated for a while. Thinking about heading to Roxy on Saturday and maybe Aria on Friday. Love trance and techno. What's up w/Rise afterhours? Been there b/f and they never said that you had to be a "member"? I know one of the owners from a club in Ct that he used to spin at and am thinking of going there afterwards...what should I do?

Rox,

Talking here is tough E-mail me at chrisat411nightguide@excite.com.

The Roxy is just okay, it is more of a progressive house.....kinda like if I hear Tamia on more f**ing time I will jump on a sword! Now downtstairs from the Roxy is The Matrix...........that is an off the hook place. Let me know what you want to listen to and the type of crowd and vibe you want and I will point you in the right direction. As for RISE you not getting in with out a member of a pass from one of us. It is a GREAT place though. What about Providence? Are you comming to Boston for another reason of just to party. If it is just to party check Providence out too. Metropolis, NV at the Strand, Pulse and few other smaller places. Gimme the heads up. As far as the site that is changed monthly. Wanna get weekly info go to.......http://www.soundfactoryboston.com/ and be sure to check out the bulletin boards there too.

Chris

Scott Henry and Junior Sanchez at Avalon this Friday. They're alright. Big event at the Wallace Civic Center this Saturday though. Caffeine culture tour. Headliners are Micro, Debo, and Icey plus a shitload of others. Only party open till 7 am. I'll be there.

Originally posted by minsanity

Big event at the Wallace Civic Center this Saturday though. Caffeine culture tour. Headliners are Micro, Debo, and Icey plus a shitload of others. Only party open till 7 am. I'll be there.

i definately second the reccomendation to check out the party in fitchburg if you can make it out there. in addition to those names is one of the folks who innovated detriot techno -- kevin saunderson. hearing him alone spin is worth the price of admission, imo, nevermind the other great names! unfortunately, i wont be able to make it (beach party in newport! woo!), but it should be an extra special time as it is the last party at the venue for a while.

as for friday, i suggest you check out spin cycle at karma. i can put you on a list, if you like. i'm about to make my weekly post about it, actually, so look for the info in that thread :)

Originally posted by k-hole6969

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY HOME...YOU WILL HAVE FUN WATCHING PAINT DRY....TRUST ME...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY... :laugh: :laugh:

Staying home would be more amusing than to smell the stench that clings over the Garbage State called NJ!!! Like I said before, buy a life

K-Hole. I'm just curious, why are you like this? I guess it's kind of obvious you're just trying to stir shit up but I'm just curious why you find it so fun?

Another note, who's thinking about heading out to Fitchburg? I went to one of those events last year and it was a pretty good time. And besides, if Micro is there then it would definitely me worth it.

Originally posted by minsanity

Never heard Icey before though, anyone know what he spins?

dj icey spins breaks.... ever been to move at axis upstairs on saturday? the breaks that traylor spins are similiar to dj icey's style. hard and funky, but not too cheesy.

HTH :)