Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Alicia Keyes (sp)

... i heard her first release on the radio about two weeks ago, the tune was sooooo snappy/true that it kept floating around in my head.... so last nite i head up to tower records and buy her cd. i love the whole damn thing. it has an R & B, gospel type sound to it. i have NEVER liked this type of music, however her music just touches my soul....

....i keep on falling in and out of love with you... i have nver loved someone, like i love you......mmmm hmmmmm....

love this cd. has anyone else heard her music???

also she is the one playing the piano throughout the cd....

Great CD!! Songs in A minor. I first heard her about a month ago, ran out and bought the CD.

I love the fact that she actually plays the piano in her songs.

I'm so sick of these groups that nobody plays an instrument.

Good lookin girl too ;)

i saw her on Oprah (no idea why i was watching) in June/July just before her CD released and was amazed. the whole album is incredible. she wrote all the songs and accompanyments, pretty good for a 21 year old. she was originally a classically trained musician, and started playing piano when she was really young. over the last few years jazz, gospel, R&B and other musical styles have influenced her, as she developed into the musician she is today.

ahh i hear ya Staceychase!... the first time i heard that song it stood in my head throughout the whole damn day (k maybe half the day)...needless to say her vocals caught my attention...when i saw the video for her hit song "falling in and out of love with sunshine420" lol i was trying to figure out if she was the one playing the piano... I had never heard of her before... but thanx for the review on her cd... i think i might have to do up a lil purchase :monkey:

i cant believe this..... the 2 stores i went into DID NOT HAVE HER CD... they had like 4 million of Tools cd's and some Eric Clapton's cd on sale for a damn dollar but still not what i was freaking looking for.... just my luck...and here i am so anxious to hear it and i cant even download it cuz my mother only has napster on her computer and we all no it no longer works... can anyone perhaps give me a site or list of the names of the songs on the cd so i can download all of them and just burn them on a cd while i am up at skewl? Thank you so much! :monkey: