• Spank - Inkfish
  • I Love You Some More - Cevin Fisher
  • Drink To Get Drunk - SIA
  • Clarkness - Dave Kane
  • Stereo Rides - Divider
  • Voices - KC Flight
  • Lost Vagueness - Utah Saints
  • Are You Sleeping? - PQM

Gotta love the deep funk he throws down. May not be the most upfront of tracks for a CD, but they're all solid and the man knows how to lay down the funk.

He's going to be spinning at Yoshitoshi on Tuesday from 5-7 to kick off his release. Anyone trying to go?

Originally posted by superfli

i don't know why, but i still love SIA's track...you would've thought i'd have tired of it by now...but i'm not so sure about hide you, that track is far overplayed....:D

I'm right there with you on that one. I'm wearing out the grooves on that SIA track (differentGear remix, right?) but still love it. Steve Lawler caned it for months, so you know it's a good tune.

Hide U's definitely overplayed. But I just picked up a promo copy of a bootleg remix of it that's pretty tight. Same vocals, but a bit tougher and more tribally (is that a word?), so I'm hoping that'll freshen it up for me. If not, I'm out $15 (those damn promos are expensive!).

Originally posted by millele

anyone else think it's weird that hide u is #5 in the set? i've always thought of it more as an opener or closing track

Hey, it's Scott Henry. Leave him alone. Only Oakie bashing on this board, remember? :D

Anyways, Music Don't Stop is kinda a harder tune, but it's got a melodic synth line. I could see how dropping in Hide U to drop the bottom out of his set could work. I know if he did it in the club I'd be losing my shit!

oakie dropped hide u about 3/4 through his set.

other tracks from fri night -

depeche mode - i feel loved (dt labor of love mix)

kosheen - hide u (? remix)

(forgot group) - wack ass m.f.

placebo - passive aggressive

i know there were more, but i have forgotten

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Hide U's definitely overplayed. But I just picked up a promo copy of a bootleg remix of it that's pretty tight. Same vocals, but a bit tougher and more tribally (is that a word?), so I'm hoping that'll freshen it up for me. If not, I'm out $15 (those damn promos are expensive!).

hey, if anyone else was there fri night, what was oakie's last track? i asked a couple people around me, but no one knew. the only way i can describe it was that it was a series of staccato notes, sorta like the way moby - go goes w/ that crazy bam bam bam bam bam all the way up the scale, but not quite that screechy.

anyone know what i'm talking about? prolly not

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but i want to know what song that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit whatisit ???

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by millele

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but i want to know what song that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!it'scheese!

Haha, I'm only kidding. Damn, Millicent, I thought you'd know me better than that by now ;) . I'm ALWAYS sarcastic. :tongue:

Seriously, though, I'm a big fan of that Depeche Mode track. Just picked it up on Friday (finally). Probably will never spin it again considering Jokie's got his grubby little paws on it, but you know, it'll go on every once in a while in the privacy of my own home. :rolleyes: