Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for all the DJs

I've notice they're a little more strict down here. It was way more lenient for me when I lived in Boston and could build a set from acid breaks to hard house to progressive trance or whatever. But down here the manager of the place I play at will tell me at the end of the night that my stuff was too hard, or make it more trancey next week, or lay off the breaks, etc. It's kind of annoying, but I guess there's just a certain vibe he wants in his place so I gotta play what he wants if I wanna get paid.

I think she's asking whether or not the venue dictates what kind of music you spin. That's great that you've been playing since you were 13, but I can't see you getting many gigs down here if a promoter wants a certain type of music and vibe to their party and you say "No one tells me what to spin, I play what I like".

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

its not so much what your playing.

no venue will complain if people stay and drink at the bar.

you could be playing country music for all they care..as long as the money is being made.

favorite space - ja lounge - can do whatever i feel like

Hey Z,

What happened to you last night?