Clubplanet Nightlife Community

earplugs?

ok i havent seen a thread on this, at least recently . do you guys ever wear earplugz when clubbin? plus i was in a band w/ amps turned all the way up, for a few yea rs, and this clubbin is takin its toll.

but then again i can see how its a pussy thing to do, its so much better w/o plugz...

thoughts??

i've been debating it for a long time now because my ears ring all the time. If I go to a loud bar they will ring for an hour or two. If I go to an all night event at a club with a killer sound system they will ring for at least 48 hours. Hopefully i'll get off my ass and pick up a pair soon.

Originally posted by neptune1

ok i havent seen a thread on this, at least recently . do you guys ever wear earplugz when clubbin? plus i was in a band w/ amps turned all the way up, for a few yea rs, and this clubbin is takin its toll.

but then again i can see how its a pussy thing to do, its so much better w/o plugz...

thoughts??

i'm usually a non-earplug-wearing-standing-by-the-stacks-MOFO

but there have been situations where i was really glad i had 'em...

namely, this one Orbital concert at hammerstein.

holy sh!t was the LOUD... being right up front,

was extra thankful someone was gracious enough

to give me an extra (fresh! ;) pair of plugs...

the set was so loud i eventually ditched the plugs

and moved to the second floor (hammerstein's mezzainine)

for the rest of the show....

Originally posted by xpander

earplugs all the way

and who the hell is desparate enough to not use earplugs as a sign of machoness?

Yeah, why would wearing earplus be seen as a pussy thing to do? Some places have the music cranked up painfully loud, what's the point in being uncomfortable when you're just out to have fun?

I always have a pair. The last time I was at Twilo without them, my ears didn't stop ringing for at least 48 hours. I don't care what other people think, never did, never will, so I'll always wear them. The way I look at it is my hearing is more valuable to me than what some idiot thinks I look like wearing them.

I have to wear earplugs otherwise my ears hurt the whole night and following days.... I discovered this the hard way. Went to Depeche Mode (a looooooooong time ago) and couldn't hear very well for two weeks my ears were ringing so bad...

EARPLUGS = :D

*i'dliketokeepmyhearingintooldagethankyou*