Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for NoLimit

laowil

Or anyone else who know the NewYork scene:

Can you give some names of "must see" clubs in the NYC area and any additional info on them please?

I'm gonna visit the NYC area the weekend of Sept 7 and I'd prefer going to a 21+ club with minimal threat of fights/brawls. I prefer house, but I'll get down to anything. Also, what I mean by "must see" is something like Level in terms of showiness, or Opium in terms of atmosphere, or Crobar in terms of combining glamour and great music -- clubs that leave you with a lasting impression. Obviously, I've heard of Exit, SF, Vinyl, Roxy, etc., but I only have two nights. Any recommendations???

Please don't flame me for leaving out Space -- it's a great place and great music, but, in my humble opinion, lacks in terms of decor and "space" layout. I've been several times though, and will undoubtedly go again -- possibly an attempt when DT spins on Labor Day weekend!

Thanks in advance!!

sorry i have some 'limits' but i can give u some recommendations:

friday has to be vinyl - make sure tenaglia is playing and have your drinks b4 going (they don't serve alcohol)

saturday, sound factory - go late, or early sunday morning (8am or so) at that time is not so hot and crowded.

there really isn't a must see club at the moment. i don't bother going out to the bigger clubs unless ofcourse they have someone special booked that i would want to see.

it's kind of funny right now. the club where i go to the most as of late has to be centro fly. they've got a decent decor, decent sound system, and the music is pretty good. they always bring in top talent from all forms of dance music.

if u want the poshy scene and don't care too much about the music then places like lotus, park, spa, sweet 16, tiki bar, saci, chaos, & float might be something you're looking for.

unfortunately, the places with the BEST music don't have the best decor. take vinyl for example. world class dj tenaglia there every week and the place is a dump and theydon't serve alcohol. if u can deal with that, than that's the place for u. i don't recommend sound factory unless you were one of those that used to frequent 'the mix' back in the day. it's full of cracked out zombies where the music doesn't matter. its all about the drugs and scoring the next bump or pill.

your best bet would be to pick up a time out NY and/or go to the local record shops (satellite records) and pick up the FLYER mag which has a list of parties/events for the entire month.

a shame u won't be here until monday because there is this amazing boat party (one of the best parties at the moment) on sunday sept 9th that will feature craig richards from london's fabric (tyrant). for $25, the boat sales off around manhattan for 4 hours and it's all about u & 250 mad clubbers dancing your ass off to some of the sickest music out there. very intimate, something different from your normal clubbing routine and the vibe unmatched.

good luck!