Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the world is upon us.......

Grand Opening Of World Fridays

Friday Sept 7th 2001

music by Scot Project (monthly resident)

along with this nations top international & domestic talent

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE LINE-UP OF DJS.......

music matters

**to all the promoters that are interested in jumping in on this venue......act fast.....after the party starts the deals are not going to be as good.....

for more info.

201 320 1332

917 939 0231

email: thorinaielloent@aol.com

Thorin this shits gonna be H~O~T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was chillin with Sev at Factory last night, he said we are still meeting tomorrow...let me know the details so I can schedule around it.....

This parties gonna be SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets do this Proper......:cool:

Its going to be rotating dj's....Im not at liberty to say who yet..but they are some of the BIGGEST names in the world right now...

One thing i know for sure is Scott Project has been booked to do a once a month residency.....

This IS going to be a great party and trust me it will be a major step for NYC nightlife....We'll finally be getting some of our favorite Djs back in NYC:)

Originally posted by impulse69

Are you guys implying that World will be the next Twilo??? isnt this the same club that MTV is throwing parties at on Fridays?? hmmmm, sounds like this has a long way to go before it can reacah Twilo status

Cant compare it to Twilo... Twilo is legendary, and is now dead.

World will never be close to the mystical sound and lights of Twilo, however, it will act as a vessel to at least bring some of the top talent we know and love back to NYC.

Saturday was the guido cheese party, if you want to call it that... however it doesnt necessarily mean that this will be the same for all nights.

Look for Jade Terrace and the World as the new Friday hotspots. More info to come.

Originally posted by thorinaiello

WORLD FRIDAYS = NEW TWILO

JUMP ON NOW

917 939 0231

201 320 1332

PEACE

THORIN & SEVAN

come on man..

i have no problem w/ supporting a new party w/ fresh talent.. but using the twilo name like that is wrong..

this is the second time now that people are trying to push the "second coming" of twilo, and the other party, roxy fridays, have been nothing like it.

scott project is a great producer, but he's not a twilo-caliber dj..

theres other things cooking w/ the twilo heavy hitters...

so do eveyone a favor and push the new party which i'm sure will be great, but dont' call it the next twilo.. b/c too many people take the literally...

IM SORRY, I CANT IMAGINE A CLUB BEING THE NEW TWILO WITHOUT JUNIOR (AND IM NOT IMPLYING THAT EXIT IS THE NEW TWILO!). PEOPLE CAME FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO SEE HIM SPIN. AND BESIDES SCOTT PROJECT, DO SASHA AND DIGS HAVE A MONTHLY RESIDENCY? ARE PVD AND SVEN VATH COMING TO SPIN TOO?

I just wanted to reply to all u people out there. Twilo was a club and only a club. It is not legendary. There were good nights and bad nights. yes i agree that it was the best club in the city. it was the best club in the city because of the lineup it had on friday nights. satnights sucked unless u like to be hit on by a bunch of guys. but back to the topic. thorin and sevan are gonna bring in a lineup that will rock the nightclub industry. they will have the same lineup as twilo. we are not saying that world will be twilo but the dj's are gonna be the same. in my mind The World is gonna be better than twilo. have some confidence in these guys. they brought in scott project to limelighon fri aug 17th and he blew up the dance floor with some sick hard house and he will be the grand opening dj at the world on september 7th. be prepared for the revival of the Twilo DJ's.

:cool: (Have faith and support Throin and Sevan) :cool:

Originally posted by ed greco

I just wanted to reply to all u people out there. Twilo was a club and only a club. It is not legendary. There were good nights and bad nights. yes i agree that it was the best club in the city. it was the best club in the city because of the lineup it had on friday nights. satnights sucked unless u like to be hit on by a bunch of guys. but back to the topic. thorin and sevan are gonna bring in a lineup that will rock the nightclub industry. they will have the same lineup as twilo. we are not saying that world will be twilo but the dj's are gonna be the same. in my mind The World is gonna be better than twilo. have some confidence in these guys. they brought in scott project to limelighon fri aug 17th and he blew up the dance floor with some sick hard house and he will be the grand opening dj at the world on september 7th. be prepared for the revival of the Twilo DJ's.

yes, in fact, twilo was was and is legendary..

and yes i agree, they are doing good things by changing up the formats of the monotone parties throughout the city..

but scott project is not a twilo dj.. nor would he have ever been.. he plays a much more commercial sound to trance lovers.. so once again i'll repeat that comparing this to twilo and saying all those super dj's they had will be at world, is unnecessary..

also, they're abandoning the dress code over there? b/c thats part of what made twilo great was the lack of a dress code leading to a less pretentious and more genuine party...

promote the party for what it is.. a new venue w/ scott project doing a monthly res, and whatever other dj's they bring.. I'm sure it will be a great party, but it won't be twilo...

b/c richie hawtin will not be there, deep dish will not be there, Anthony Pappa will not be there, sander kleinenberg will not be there, carl cox will not be there, danny howells will not be there.. and so on and so on...

Twilo was definitely legendary... if you think otherwise, you need to re-check your club history, and I dont mean that in an offensive way, so don't take it that way.

I think Thorin meant, World = Twilo as in the world will have some of Twilo's talent that isn't really getting any playing time around the city.

There is only one Twilo, which was the original Sound Factory. :)

You guys really gotta stop living in the past i happened to say dj lineup. bec i mentioned 1 dj name now u think that is the only dj that is gonna be at world. it is gonna be its own club and it will be The World with the worlds best dj's. haha. just like i said before there will be a similar lineup. stop puttin it down and open ure eyes promote and it will come. if u put it down it will never happen. so like i said have faith and spread the word. these guys will make it happen. it seems as if all u guys wanna do is fight. all i wanna do is go out and see everyone haveing a blast. as u heard Paul Oakenfold was there this sat. in the near future there may be dj's like carl cox, and sasha digweed. have patience and support.

You guys really gotta stop living in the past i happened to say dj lineup. bec i mentioned 1 dj name now u think that is the only dj that is gonna be at world. it is gonna be its own club and it will be The World with the worlds best dj's. haha. just like i said before there will be a similar lineup. stop puttin it down and open ure eyes promote and it will come. if u put it down it will never happen. so like i said have faith and spread the word. these guys will make it happen. it seems as if all u guys wanna do is fight. all i wanna do is go out and see everyone haveing a blast. as u heard Paul Oakenfold was there this sat. in the near future there may be dj's like carl cox, and sasha digweed. have patience and support.

Trust me, I know Thorin for awhile and he has my full support.

Im just saying, and we're not living in the past, Twilo is dead but it will be a legend.

Im psyched to be able to see Carl Cox lay down bangin tracks again, Im sure most everyone is.

Originally posted by thorinaiello

WORLD FRIDAYS = NEW TWILO

JUMP ON NOW

917 939 0231

201 320 1332

PEACE

THORIN & SEVAN

bro, no offense, but no fucking way...twilo is was on another planet than any other shit.

world monthly resident: Scot Project ; Twilo monthly resident: sasha and john digweed, nuff said

i'm not sayin the dj's wont be back, and for that, i'll thank you in advance, but don't go promoting that its gonna be the next twilo, cuz its more than the dj's that gave twilo its one of a kind beauty.

you're setting yourself up for disappointment by bringing twilo into this, do your thing the best you can do, formulate your own identity instead of trying to compare to twilo.

good luck, and can't wait to hear some of the talent you are bringing back to nyc.

peace

-Dee