Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's the differance???

craaazygrl

ALL RIGHT IM GONNA GIVE IT A SHOT...

TO FELLOW CP MEMBERS, IF I SCREW UP DONT RAPE ME (WELL IF YOU DO, BE GENTLE, AND USE LUBE!:D )

HOUSE CAME OUT OF DETROIT IN THE MID 1980'S. ITS KINDA WHAT DISCO EVOLVED INTO. I CANT REMEMBER THE DJS WHO CREATED HOUSE, BUT I CAN FIND THAT OUT. ACCORDING TO THE A-Z OF CLUB CULTURE, TRANCE BASICALLY IS INDUSTRIAL COMBINED WITH PSYCHADELIC ROCK INFLUENCES. (I REALLY DONT SEE THAT, BUT THATS THE ONLY DEFINITION IS CAN FIND). IM NOT TOUCHING TECHNO

LATELY ITS BEEN MORE CONFUSING FOR ME AS WELL, ESPECIALLY WITH THE RISING POPULARITY OF HARD HOUSE. THE ONLY THING I CAN DO TO DIFFERENTIATE IS LOOK AT THE DJ: IF ITS SASHA/PVD/TIESTO, ITS TRANCE. IF ITS DEEP DISH/DANNY TENAGLIA/JUNIOR, ITS HOUSE. IF ITS OAKIE, ITS CRAP

heres my take at it.

Trance uses mainly synthesized sounds with distinct melodies and has higher BPMs than house.

Techno is more reptitive and uses natural noises such as drums kits. Barely any synth melodies here. Also, bpms is generally faster than trance and house.

I can't really acurately describe house since there are so many diverse subgenres ie UK Hard House vs Prog House are totally different.

This is a good topic. I would like to hear how others would describe House/Trance/Techno

the problem, wel for me anyway, with hard house and progressive house, is that they dont sound like house at all. personally, some hard house sounds very close to hardcore, while some prog house sounds like trance

and french house sounds a lot like disco house

its getting too confusing with all of these sub-genres

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the problem, wel for me anyway, with hard house and progressive house, is that they dont sound like house at all. personally, some hard house sounds very close to hardcore, while some prog house sounds like trance

and french house sounds a lot like disco house

its getting too confusing with all of these sub-genres

Yeah, some of the L.A. style hard house like Mark V & Poogie Bear sounds a lot closer to hardcore whereas the UK-style hard house that has been coming out recently could be mistaken for nrg/trance or something. On the subject of sub-genres, instead of just hardcore, now you have doomcore, speedcore, breakcore, nordcore, terrorcore, and probably a shitload of other fill-in-the-blank 'cores I haven't even heard about yet.