Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie @ World review please..

Well I'd be interested to know too.. Myself and 12 friends went along on the night and not realising that tickets were on Ticketmaster.com, tried to get them at the door.

Although I'd got our name on the clubplanet guestlist we were told this wasn't valid and so still willing to fork out $40 we went in - only to be asked for $60 !! I explained to them our dismay and that they were just about to lose nearly $500 but they didn't seem to care. :(

Now I love Paul Oakenfold as much as the next man (or woman!) but I was too annoyed to be bothered any more. I used to see him @ Home in Leicester Square UK where he had a residency for 20 quid ($30 ish) although I live NY now :D

So 20 minutes later we got ourselves into Centro-Fly and with the help of a fantastic, Cosmo pouring bar maid had a wicked evening ! L8er to be seen bouncing arounf the dance floor upstairs and downstairs :tongue:

Keepin' it real for the UK massive :) :) :)

All in all it was a pretty good night. The opener for Oakie was solid, he got the crowd going which was great. Once Oakenfold came on he put on a show, Im not talking about musicly just his presence and showmanship. He gave complete respect for the opening DJ and that was great. As far as the music goes I thought he had a descent set but I expected more. He had the place rocking towards the end though. I would give his preformance an 8 out 10. I never want to hear Faithless - We Come One again, too overplayed!!:D

It wasn't worth the money!

Okie was alright, but it was nothing special-I am not saying he didn't get my ass moving-But I want him to play new shit.

The crowd sucked-the girls too dressed up to want to dance, the guys were grabbing me-the crowd was NOT there for the music, I wonder what the hell they were there for.

My friend even bought a $150 bottle of champagne and then the bouncers kicked us out of the lounge. WTF

:splat::biggun::mad:

The original Planet of the Apes was a step forward in the evolution of science fiction. Like many sci-fi films of its age, Franklin L. Schaffner's 1968 Apes was more about ideas than special effects. Although the apes themselves looked like refugees from a simian hair salon, screenwriters Rod Serling (creator of The Twilight Zone series) and Michael Wilson (a blacklisted writer who co-wrote Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge on the River Kwai) penned a thoughtful script that posed deep questions about the nature of humanity. Who can forget such classic philosophical chestnuts as "Ape shall not kill ape!" or "Beware the beast man!"?

contact%20sheet7.JPG

Originally posted by nikkisticks

It wasn't worth the money!

Okie was alright, but it was nothing special-I am not saying he didn't get my ass moving-But I want him to play new shit.

The crowd sucked-the girls too dressed up to want to dance, the guys were grabbing me-the crowd was NOT there for the music, I wonder what the hell they were there for.

My friend even bought a $150 bottle of champagne and then the bouncers kicked us out of the lounge. WTF

:splat::biggun::mad:

Yeah what was up with the crowd?? I expected so much more than what I saw. There was mostly guys there and the girls weren't dancing. Wished for better girls....:mad: