Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SpaceGirl

space girl gives an incredible performance live. the buildups on her tracks are incredible!!!!! i've seen her 4 or 5 times already and she's pretty amazing. she tries out some new stuff from time to time which is usually pretty good too.

my fave tracks:

- dream your dreams

- temptation

- without you

- something for your mind

she is kinda bitchy though - even the security guards at unified were complaining about her ("i don't listen to that kind of music but man she's a bitch") and at limelight she refused to acknowledge the crowd cheering for her as she was leaving... and there are the nasty rumors that she just presses play on a DAT recorder.

but her music rules (she loves the arpeggiator on her MS-2000) and it gets everyone hyped up. i even used "dream your dreams" to demo my engineering project last year.

... can't wait for stereotopia!!!!

rob

ps the virgin megastore on 14th st. sells her second album... that's nuts!

she rocks the crowd... seen her twice, lovin every minute of her introverted fuck the crowd, I'm just gonna smoke and rip shit up, performances. Plus its good to see girl dj's really being musically innovatitive and kickass hard at the same time.

Originally posted by dialectics

she is kinda bitchy though - even the security guards at unified were complaining about her ("i don't listen to that kind of music but man she's a bitch") and at limelight she refused to acknowledge the crowd cheering for her as she was leaving...

i think maybe it's a case of not knowing how to handle fandom.

i accidentally sat next to her friend at one nation

(so spacegirl was just two spots down from me

on the bench at the tiled entrance to the bathroom/bar)

and she was trying her best to "hide" for some needed

sit-down relaxation after her set. tried as she did,

she was pretty cordial/nice/friendly with all the passersby,

despite going so far as to have her b/f sit On her to

attempt to be invisible.

i hope i'm that famous someday. ;)

who knows if i'll handle it any better.

thehacker: fandom is a whole lot of pressure whatever you do. even when i lecture, the fact that all those people are coming just to hear what I have to say is more agonizing then what i actually have to say. it is a major thing which takes your mind off your work. i respect that she's dealing with it, but she at least could have waved to us.

and she was trying her best to "hide" for some needed

sit-down relaxation after her set

That's why god invented VIP rooms :P

Either way, i can't wait for her set - she always rips shit up. wicked buildups, great synth sounds, pounding bassline, and she loooooves the arpeggiator :)

rob