Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Domenick Capello @ Exit Whiteroom

realz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by domenickcapello

first.. a quick question .. after a producer comes out with his first song and its a hit.. do u still consider him a "rookie"?

- DOMENICK CAPELLO

OK, now a question for you... what song that you have produced is a hit? A hit gets played at more than one club, by famous DJs, gets radio play, and gets signed to a label... to my knowledge nothing you've produced meets any of those criteria...

Dom - I have nothing against you personally, just the attitude and lack of respect that newcomers to the scene have sometimes... I've seen my friends put in YEARS of hard work without much to show... it's something everyone in the business has to go through, there is no instant fame...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

IF IT MAKES THE CROWD GO WILD AND HAS PEOPLE SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE FOR THEIR OWN COPY, THEN ITS A HIT IN MY BOOK

AND WHEN A SONG REACHES THE RADIO, IT MEANS THAT IT IS TOO OLD AND PROBABLY ISNT A CLUB HIT ANYMORE (IE SANDSTORM)

I believe what [hard_house] is trying to say is "regular" people aren't going to theor local record store and asking for Tarantella or Fantasy. Which is true. But those two songs are made for a certain crowd, and as far as the crowd is concerned, it is a hit. I know so many kids that are like, yo have you heard...or you know where i can get....only thing is, those are EXIT kids, and don't represent most NYC clubbing.

As far as the flier goes, those are made by promoters not DJ's. Thus they will put things on there designed to draw crowds. I saw a flier that promoted SUPERSTAR DJ and then some jerkoff i know from Staten Island that can't mix two beats together. Its just a marketing scheme.

i dont classify a song by the DJ. If i like the song its on my hitlist it eventually works its way up or down depending on my mood... i have a completely diffrent hit list for Dj's. Personally i usually put the DJ's i know best like Draper (Pressure, Gladiator, Lets Go, Rhythm Ready), Dom (Fantasy, Tarantella, Fight Club), Plasmic Honey (Exorcist, Sleepers, Get Up Boy, Intensity) so on and so forth. If you hear a track by any dj no matter how many he has produced before if it catches ur ear there is no way that DJ is still a rookie it took a lot of practice and hard work to get to a level where he can produce songs that draw a crowd... just my two cents

I am lauging at the INCOMING responses to my opinion. Like i said Dominick, i like you as a dj, but you play too much commercial in your face stuff in my opinion. I think that's more geared towards the "17" year olds. I hope you aren't PARANOID, PARANOID, PARANOID PARA ECT. I never mentioned anything about your productions. I like my ADRENALINE pumpin' more than anybody else but some stuff just sounds to simple. (i don't care how it's made, i don't care if it's made with 8 different blended synths or not..........It matters how it sounds!)

By me saying : "thats more for 17 year olds"----------> I mean that's more for the untrained ear. You know those kids that just want to hear "wa, wa, wa, thump, wa, wa,wa, thump ect." They don't care how well the production is or the quality of the song but they just want to basically get their heads banged in by the music and their heads banged out by the bass.

.....but what does that matter? Only about 10% of the club is actually listening closely to what the dj is playing and in what sequence. MOST can give a fuck what type of track the dj is playing because they are so cracked out on x and K. Remember......i said MOST PEOPLE IN THE CLUBS, not all.

Originally posted by highmay

you amateurs need to grow up and appreciate other forms of dance...this capello dicksucking is killin me...

and pangelid: that SUPERSTAR DJ was Joey Jammz...i remember the flyer you are referring to .... he's a worse DJ than capello...

oh and by the way ... a lesson for you amatuers....

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/002257.html

THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SEES REALITY!

haha! haven't seen anyone mention my name around the boards since that spring! Highmay linking that old post did it. Nice to know atleast someone remembers back then hahaha. It was a short Champagne Room gig (only a couple months) but it was fun. I miss the old Exit saturdays! or Earth now as they say:(

Sorry for the off topic post!

First off, let me say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't fault anyone for being honest and saying what they feel. If you pay your money (usually a ridiculous $25), then you have every right to be disappointed in the quality of music offered up by the DJ. But please remember that it takes balls to produce music and put it out there to be judged by others. It's not easy to create a track from nothing, and it usually takes a long time to hone one's production ability. Many of today's top producers had very rocky beginnings, only to improve their skills over time. And spinning is no walk in the park either. It's not as easy as it looks. Mixing, programming, and creativity must all be taken into account. It's no joke to play in NYC before a crowd of thousands. You have to deal with many distractions (faulty equipment, commotion in the booth, etc.) and still maintain your focus. And I won't even get into all the bullshit and the politics a DJ has to deal with behind the scenes. It's easy to sit and judge and say this DJ or that DJ sucks, especially if you're not a DJ yourself, but keep in mind that most jocks are people who LOVE music and want to share that love with the crowd. I give credit to anyone who works hard at their craft and busts their ass to move the dancefloor. But that's JMO.

Originally posted by rippeditalian

I go for more sophistication in my music...thus i am a jonathon peters fan.

Hey go kill yourself and get the fuck off staten island. jonathan peters sophisticated? Your nuts would probably be blown off if you ever wandered out of soundfactory and exit and into a real club and heard a real DJ.

Originally posted by rippeditalian

I go for more sophistication in my music...thus i am a jonathon peters fan.

Hey go kill yourself and get the fuck off staten island. jonathan peters sophisticated? Your nuts would probably be blown off if you ever wandered out of soundfactory and exit and into a real club and heard a real DJ.