Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Movin to Jersey City

Ok let me tell you about the real Jersey City. I have lived there since Jan. 01 and i moved from the burbs. First of all the Grove st. area is sahdy as hell. AS a 23 yr old women i would never walk there alone at night. Secondly, there is little to do in the actual city itself. There is a great club called the Sand Bar. IT has a 20 conver on saturdays but it is always packed and if you like the club scene it is the only one to go to in JC. There is a bar called the iron monkey off of mongomery st. around the corner from the post office. Thats about it. Oddfellows on Mongomery st. was supposed to open months ago but now they are saying sept. 11. I know this becuase it is being built into the bottom of my building. Well Good luck!

I don't know about you guys but the Hoboken back streets like Jackson and the one beyond are real shady too. I'm never a big fan parking there(but I always end up having to)

Grove is late night ok as long as you leave with the exiting PATH crowd and keep on going. But I recommend avoiding the ever tempting 24 hr Mickeys D's at grove with one worker. It attracts all kinds of wasted people looking to start something because they can't get there big mac fast enough.

What's up J.,

How's everyone doing, I am new to this scene, and it looks like a good one. J here is going to be my roommate and you guys are talking J-City up pretty well.

Keep the comments coming. I had my doubts about this place, hiding in the shadows of Hoboken and NYC, but it looks promising.

Thanks

Proteus

Hi Fellow J.C. heads,

I've lived in JC for some time now. There really isn't to much to do but it is convient to get to Hoboken and NYC. I guess all of you just missed my house party at the Square. Hey Jilly haven't seen you in a while. GO DEMF. LOL. If you guys want to do a meet up. I'm doing a party tonight at Opium Den in the city or we can all meet up at Jilliards on Saturday. Pooh, who also lives in JC, and I are throwing a party their. Let me know what you think? Theirs no cover at both locations.

Peace

DJ Divine

Let's try for a meetup after Labor Day. Its seems that a lot of us have plans and are rather busy up to this date. I wouldn't mind in helping out organize it, if a couple of others are willing to help. I propose that we try to meetup in a bar so we can all grab a beer and sit and chat. What do you guys think?

There are some great little spanish restaurants on Jersey Ave. that serve rice, beans, etc. for little money but you get a lot of food for $3.00. Also, if you like polish food, try Tania's right down the block from Dunkin Donuts....great food. However, don't venture too far up Montgomery, because you will run yourself right into the projects. I don't know if I would walk alone anywhere in Jersey City at night. Oh, and if you have a car, careful where you park it. I know some friends who's cars have been broken into multiple times & sometimes the window is just smashed and nothing taken as if people have nothing better to do than to walk by and just break things.

Well let me tell ya about the real Jersey City.I have lived here all of my life and i still have not found anything to do.The Sand Bar is ok but I am oficially 86'd from there:D Jersey City is pretty safe to me for the most part but it does have its bad spots.Well bad spots, but those bad spots have good spots, if ya catch my drift..The best part about it is its close to everything.

• 3 weeks later...

like i already said...

RISTRA BAR. - sign outside says "rodeo"

(two doors down from mcdonalds ; 3rd & washington)

sundays, starting 9pm; 10pm for the fashionably late.

"slipstream"

new wave / 80's synth-pop / dark wave / industrial.

.. think downtime/batcave but without all the goth hangups.

very chilled out candle-lit basement space with

comfy ottomans and oldskool wooden pews & tables.

always a VERY good time.