Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9.7.01 - Anthony Pappa - Buzz in DC

lucasdy

hey kids,

i'm new here. actually, i'm from la - as in california - and will be in the dc area that weekend. i've heard a lot 'bout buzz, and with anthony pappa spinning on the 7th, i was wondering if anyone is planning on going?:cool:

also, since i'm not from the area, could someone pleez tell me a lil more bout the club? hours? cover charge? presale tix? etc? anything you think i should know...

thanks in advance!

p.l.u.r.,

d

"... technique is only for those without any style."

i was planning on going until my cousin decided to put plan her wedding on that weekend...

anyways, hours are something like 10 until about 6 but sometimes it runs later....i never get there that early or stay that late so i'm not quite sure. cover ranges from 15 to around 25 for the really big names...you won't need advance tix for pappa i wouldn't think, just get there before 12 or 12:30 and there shouldn't be much of a line.

check out buzzdc.com for specs on the club...not a nice part of town, so i usually make sure to park in the lot...

you can also check out lawler at the edge on saturday night if you're still around...the edge is basically right next to buzz...

anyways, i'm sure someone else will add to this... :D

Originally posted by lucasdy

hey kids,

i'm new here. actually, i'm from la - as in california - and will be in the dc area that weekend. i've heard a lot 'bout buzz, and with anthony pappa spinning on the 7th, i was wondering if anyone is planning on going?:cool:

also, since i'm not from the area, could someone pleez tell me a lil more bout the club? hours? cover charge? presale tix? etc? anything you think i should know...

thanks in advance!

p.l.u.r.,

d

"... technique is only for those without any style."

Originally posted by millele

and scott henry too!

Eh, I'm over him. Got my enough of him Friday to last tie me over a few months ;)

YEAH, RIGHT!!!!

You know, I realized Friday that SH is one of my fav DJ's. I guess everyone around here (at least, I did) always takes it for granted cause he's from here, but the set he put together was like the second best I've EVER seen (S&D @ Twilo June 2000 being #1)

first time i "saw the light" so to speak

:D:D:D:D:D

No shit! Haha, same w/ me. I had just bought Communicate, but didn't really understand it until we went to Twilo and heard the madness.

I remember the drive home, we played CD 1, then CD 2, then CD 1 again, and we finally 'got it'. I came home, threw away my whole record collection, went to Yoshitoshi the next day, and started rebuilding. No more cheese for me, after that night.

:D

so shaddygroovedc, chynado11... you both going to this gig fer sure? how bout you millele?

can you give a lil more 411 on why its being called "the red party"? is that the theme for the evening?

hope to meet some of you dc clubkids!

p.l.u.r.,

darren

"technique is for those who lack style"

can you give a lil more 411 on why its being called "the red party"? is that the theme for the evening?

It means you have to dress up in your favorite outfit from a communist leader. I've got my Fidel Castro costume all ready to go. Beard and everything! Maybe you should be Gorby. Shave your head and explode a magic marker in the middle of it.

Actually, I'm a little loopy from the cold medicine today. So ignore that. I think all they're going to do is have red decor all over the place. Buzz always does gimics like that, but they're hardly ever anything major.

yup, i'm definitely going. it's gonna be a PACKED night. look for the twilofucker shirts! :):):)

so shaddygroovedc, chynado11... you both going to this gig fer sure? how bout you millele?

hope to meet some of you dc clubkids!

p.l.u.r.,

darren

yup, i'm definitely going. it's gonna be a PACKED night. look for the twilofucker shirts! :):):)

yeah...spoony d from the twilo board was supposed to send me one of those iron ons...he never did, oh well.... :(

i'm pissed 'cuz my mom gave me the guilt trip about my cousin's wedding up in rhode island that weekend...now i have to go 'cuz she already got the plane tix...oh well, guess i'm missing out on creamer/pappa and lawler... :eek:

you fools better have the time of your lives :D

Originally posted by a1wave

shady,

you are going loopy for sure... you might take over pgiddy's place as the board nut soon if you don't watch out :) :)

It's the meds, I swear. I'm on a combo of DayQuil, Nighttime TheraFlu, Tylenol, and combine that with a case of the Terrible Tuesdays, and I'm all f-'d. Oh, I also did a little Wake & Bake this morning - c'mon, I'm sick & I'm working from home today. I didn't have any cough drops so I thought the smoke would sooth my throat. :D Now if those damn flying chocolate bunnies would leave me alone, I'd be able to get some work done before I have to take a nap. :goofy:

ahh that explains everything, stop taking all the meds and just stick to the wake n bake, damn whats wrong with you, tylenol, dayquil, advil, it's all just a scam for old people. Stick to green and purple, it's the only true cure for everything...

• 2 weeks later...

alrity kids!

since nobody's offer a suggested meet-up time and place, how 'bout i go ahead and make the call...

1:00am in the hallway by the main bathrooms across from the bar in between the main room and the jungle room near the stairs.

so i hope to meet some peeps there! :cool:

two more days of sleeps... WAIT A MINUTE! maybe one! i just found out that grant plant is spinning possibly near where i live. i saw him spin last month in vegas, and he was off da hook! since i'm taking friday off to fly out there... hmrph.

p.l.u.r.,

darren

vixenfoxxy: where did you see 1:3? do i need to make an appointment at lenscrafters soon?

ecstatichigh35: :blank: c'mon dood... guess you didn't see my post two up... that part that says:

1:00am in the hallway by the main bathrooms across from the bar in between the main room and the jungle room near the stairs.

do i need to make an appointment for you as well? :D

hope to see you both tomorrow nite!

p.l.u.r.,

darren

ps- how the HECK do you email someone here on club planet using an outside email address, like aol or hotmail?

i am ready to get my groove on......--------------------->i cant wait for this weekend..i still havent met you all but then again i wasnt coherent enough that nite to remember where to meet you all last weekend..i went to the edge sunday though as well..but Pappa and Creamer here i come!!!!! whats the cost of this party and is there a guestlist..i saw on the fliers that it was 25 before 11 and then on the email it said 15 before 11 whats the dealy yo...

:bounce:

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

i saw on the fliers that it was 25 before 11 and then on the email it said 15 before 11 whats the dealy yo...

:bounce:

CD

It's always $15 before 11, $20 after, unless they bring in the Cheese Dog. It must be a misprint on the fliers. I can't imagine they'd charge $25 tomorrow night. But then again, I have been known to be wrong before on very rare occasions :D

So is there a meetup tomorrow night in the 'A-L-C-O-V-E'?

:finger: <-- There's really no basis for that. I've always wanted to use this smiley and never had an appropriate topic of conversation, so please don't take offense, anybody.