Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DB "the secret art of science" (short talk with the breakbeat science Guru at Izzy)

DB's newest CD "The secret art of Science" is by far the most chilled out beautifull Drum and Bass CD I own.

After seeing him @ PS1 a few weeks back with Reid speed and Dara I've officially become a groupie!

The man's a geniouse.

Running both the Breakbeatscience record label (as well as the store) and travelling around the world to spread the breakbeat word he's one busy guy!

And though his status in the electronica DJ spotlight is reserved for the more underground crowd (as opossed to the DJ super stars in the Trance scene at the moment) I was never the less star struck to have met him at Izzy Bar last Tuesday night.

LM, Albiback and myself all witnessed a great set by the man . And after dancing my ass off and sweating up a storm I even had the courage to step up to him and have a short chat..

We talked about Trance being the driving force of this City and how the Breakbeat scene is always struggling for a stage..etc.

Later this weekend @ PS1 I had the pleasure of running in to him once more (prviouse to his Stereotopia set!)

I was unable to make it out to Stereotopia ($$ issues)

But I was wondering if any of you that went caught his set?

Have any of you heard his new CD?

I highly recommend it!

He is a true Alchemist of breaks..

It might change the way you listen to Jungle if you are a "four on four" dance floor devotee..

DB will be doing a monthly at Izzy Bar..

Keep an eye out for listings and flyers...

http://www.breakbeatscience.com/

i agree, it was a beautiful set... i went and bought his 2 cd's, one of which was "shades of technology" -a bit darker- and his new one... very crisp and superb... i really wasnt too much into D&B, but this guy really boosted my interest in it... I highly recommend his new CD... I think he is playing in Philadelphia on the 31st at a club called Motion... I have a few days to figure out where this place is...

CK

yah i caught some of his set @ stereotopia (it was hard to divide my time between the three arenas - so many artists i wanted to see!) ... and congratulated him on his awesome set @ ps1 and shook the bloke's hand while he was settin' up. fucking nice guy!