Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Personal ads?

I was havin a convo with one of my friends saying how i am upset at the fact i havent been out on a date in a VERY long time. I just never seem to meet people. Its mostly bc i am really shy when i dont know people and i am not exactly a beauty queen. so my friend was trying to convince me to put an ad in the personals!!I personally dont think i could ever. (except for that thread about all of the newbies introducing themselves. i was joking saying it sounded like a personal ad)

now my question is have you ever placed or answered and ad in the personals? if so what came out of it- anything? good - bad?

I know what you mean that its hard to meet people around here, although there are tons of single people crawling around the city. I personally would try attending some of the clubplanet meetups to see if you have anything in common with people. If these don't seem to work, try getting involved in activities that you might not normally get involved in. (i.e. volunteering) When you explore the different avenues, you might end up bumping into someone you click well with. Personally, I think internet personals end up attracting a shitload of desparate people!!

Ah im sick of being single. I was with my on again off again boyfriend for 5 years and the end has finally arrived. In those 3 years i only saw 2 other people for a very short period of time. And now when all of my friends are practically engaged - im feeling it. It sucks all i want is someone i can have a good time with. That i can go out where ever and have fun. None of my friends go out anymore so its so hard to meet people. And i havent been out on a date in about a year so I'm very upset about it. But as i said i dont think i could ever get that desperate as to place or answer and ad. No offense to anyone who has or does. But i think im too shy to ever do that. But the way thing have been going lately ya never know

dreams2,

i'll go out with you :P

i'm of the mindset that if you're doing what you love (be it clubbin, making music, volunteering, etc) and trying new things you will meet people who also like the things you do. it is tough to stick it out past that "oh man i have no life" phase, but the idea is that even if you don't meet someone, at least you're doing what you love. way better then meeting a thousand people who likes "long walks along the beach" :P

i started grad school in the city last year - so i definitely understand what you're going through.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dreams2

Ah im sick of being single. I was with my on again off again boyfriend for 5 years and the end has finally arrived. In those 3 years i only saw 2 other people for a very short period of time. And now when all of my friends are practically engaged - im feeling it. It sucks all i want is someone i can have a good time with. That i can go out where ever and have fun. None of my friends go out anymore so its so hard to meet people. And i havent been out on a date in about a year so I'm very upset about it. But as i said i dont think i could ever get that desperate as to place or answer and ad. No offense to anyone who has or does. But i think im too shy to ever do that. But the way thing have been going lately ya never know

I feel your pain! I've been single for the past seven years after a devestating breakup. It took me a good year plus just to get over it (with the help of some good college mates). I just realized that you shouldn't look for it at all...it'll come to you eventually and just get out and enjoy life!!

P.S. If you ever want to go on a date...drop me a line! ;)

Well, you should be careful about these ads...just to see how many people would respond,I once put an ad on Love@aol to see how many guys would write me back and I basically BS'ed in the whole thing...would you be surprised if I said over 200 guys e-mailed me per week?It's funny...I felt bad afterwards about bullshitting in the ad and took it down...lol....but anyways,just be careful...usually I'd like to believe people are always honest...but it's never the case.:laugh:

thats another reason i could never post/reply to an ad. i am too wary that the other person would be some kinda wacko. it makes me wonder why they cant find anyone elsewhere. but then again why cant i find anyone elsewhere. i mean its not that i cant find anyone. i mean i always manage to find the scum bags who are like 45 years old or the people that have no teeth coming up to me which always makes me feel so wanted. lol. but i was just wondering what everyones opinions were on the subject.

maybe we should have a singles meet up. hey ya never know. it might be kinda fun.