Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Philadelphia - hotel recommendations, please...

lucasdy

i'm gonna be in the philadelphia area in september for a weekend. i was wondering if someone could recommend a hotel i could book a room at while i'm there. now, i'm gonna be on a budget - would rather spend my cash at the clubs than for a hotel room anywayz - so something like a best western would be all good for me.

like i said, i'm gonna be doing the club scene in philly, so i'm hoping that your recommendations would be within a reasonable driving distance to the clubs - i'll have a car. i've heard that the clubs themselves are in some shaddy areas, so i guess finding a hotel near them would be outta the question. maybe near a university?

so any recommendations you could provide would be high-ly appreciated!

thanks in advance! :D

p.l.u.r.,

darren

hmmm, i went to school in philly, but i graduated in 99. anyway, your best bet is to find something in center city or olde town or something. the lower the street number (like 2nd, 3rd) the closer to the clubs you'll be. the clubs themselves ARE in a kinda shady area. you could find something near drexel or upenn, and it'd be a 15-min drive to the clubs.

sorry this isn't more helpful - i can't remember too much more. :)

I just stayed at the Sheraton at Rittenhouse square. Hotel was excellent. It is in center city. A 5-10 minute ride to Evolution Transit, Shampoo...etc. The rate for the hotel this past weekend was 150 a night:blown: , but I got the room through priceline, it was 45 for the night!!!!:D:laugh::jawdrop: Well worth the money! Evoulution was packed for late night..They stayed open til 6am. this past weekend. Hope this helped try priceline...3 star rating for philly hotels

joeyb:

omfg! are you serious? :eek: 45 bones a nite? that is so in my price range! and it's not like we're talking about some sleezy 8 motel either!

so dood, how do i get on that? go to priceline.com? and then whut? never used priceline befour. tinks me should give it a shot.

thanks for this key piece of 411! :D

p.l.u.r.,

darren

"technique is for those who lack style"