Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tenaglia

If you have a chance, stop by Vinyl (in the city) on a Friday night to see & hear him do his thing. It's best if you can stay past 7 am (til closing at 10-10:30 am)

He plays all kinds of styles. I guess his signature style, if there is such a thing, is dark tribal-ish house with heavy bassline.

His recent remixes include Depeche Mode - "I Feel Loved" and Kings of Tomorrow - "Finally"

I haven't been keeping up with his original works but his guess one of his oldies-but-goodies is "Elements"

Check out his site at http://www.dtenaglia.com

There is no better and to truly appreciate him, you got to go for more than just 2-3 hours. He's all about the journey. His music is all over the place. While he tends to stay close to the tribal-house basslines, he goes anywhere from house to tech to trance...he'll mix in some progressive in there. He'll take it back to the garage classics. He'll play stuff you may never hear anywhere else and he gets first crack at many records that may explode within months. Lastly, he does so much work on the tracks as he plays them, you'll never hear the same track sound the same way again. Enjoy. I'm just jealous that I can't make it out there.

:) :) :) :)

not make ya move? please. he gets me shakin my ass at all hours of the night/morning!! and i have noticed a wide variety of styles he plays, from house w/ vocals, to even, yes, trance(although i prefer his more housey/disco portions of sets).

where do we go from here?

Originally posted by djfucka

he's a great dj but he just dosent make me move . because of his

bullshit afican jungle uplifting vocal bullshit depeche mode weak ass

heroin attic music. :laugh::blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown::confused:

hmmmm, to each his own, i guess... not only does he make me move, but that queen made a female friend of mine cum right on the dance floor!

ichi :rainbow:

the man is god ok. hes been doing his thing for more than 20 years, and youll see why hes still in business. when he rips it up, your entire system is taken on a trip, every bone in your body moves to the delicious, dark and mysterious sounds. his music is fucking amazing, stay from around 4a - 10a, thas the key, its a trip, u dont need any drugs, the man knows his music.

As with any DJ, you have to be into that particular type of music, and I definitely LOVE DT's style. He calls it "tribal tech-house-trance, with a modern yet classic approach" himself (really interesting interview in the August 2001 issue of DJ Times). Definitely check it out at Vinyl on Fridays. In addition to DT's magic, the crowd is one of the most positive I've ever seen.