Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Love Junior and his music but:::::::

He gotta get off his high horse! Why cant straight people enjoy his music too? Why doesnt he dj at the "Blue Oyster" if he just wants his gay men friends! LMFAO!! Ive heard of many incidents where he wouldnt play until straight people left!

Had to get this off my chest!

Originally posted by ceejay187

He gotta get off his high horse! Why cant straight people enjoy his music too? Why doesnt he dj at the "Blue Oyster" if he just wants his gay men friends! LMFAO!! Ive heard of many incidents where he wouldnt play until straight people left!

LOL!!!! Thats Junior and that what makes him unique....he prefers to play for a Gay crowd,always been that way since the 80's.Don't get upset,we gay men have been through alot of shit including Junior himself.The day Junior plays at a STRAIGHT club I'll stop wearing my sister's pump.

:cool:

Heh, I wore this t-shirt of Cradle of Filth (UK black metal band) one time to Twilo and the back of the shirt says "Dead Girls Don't Say No". I was getting many a disturbed look from the gay crowd, but one guy eventually came up to me and tells me he's a big Cradle of Filth fan but he digs Junior Vasquez, too. Are we the straight fans that Junior doesn't like? Whatever, we were dancing with our friends and having a good time regardless of the attitude we were getting.

Also, my g/f used to be a go-go dancer up in Boston at Avalon. One time Junior played there and he said he didn't want any female dancers, only muscle boys and drag queens. So she got scheduled to dance at Karma that night and we didn't get to hear much of his set which I thought was pretty weak.

I used to DJ house parties in Boston that would be attended by everyone from metalheads to drag queens to b-boys to ravers to rivetheads and everyone in between... And they were all having a good time! To exclude people because of their sexual preference seems pretty fucked up to me, but I suppose Junior's a supastar and can do what he wants. :P

I agree, how old is he now 50 what? oH I SEE!

Originally posted by ceejay187