Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul oakenfold

oakeys new album is out

Perfecto Presents Paul oakenfold in Ibiza

Its amazing .. but im not sure if the ppl out there are into the music he plays CAUSE MOSLTY PPL IN NY LIKE THE HARD BANGING MUSIC WHICH TONY GAY DRAPPER PLAYS AT EXIT ...

Exit should be closed foreva or it should get some decent residents ...

i am w8ing for the sasha new album also ... it is going to be a killer ...

SO GIRLS AND BOYS BUY THE CD ... and GET into decent music ...

grr its 10 am and i am at work .. killing time on Clubplanet haha

hehehe ... i got ministry of sound the magazine and the oakie ibiza cd was advertised in it.... so i went into towerrecords in the village and tried to buy it late july..tunrs out it come out until the 28 of aug!

so i started yelling at the guy behind the counter..dont ask me why...told him it was bs that they didnt have yet even if it was out in england..

then i caught myself and realized that im yellin' at him. over something that he has no control

omg the power of oakenfold is with in me:idea:

I JUST HOPE THAT IS BETTER THAN THE SWORDFISH SOUNDTRACK

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP THAT WAS

I DUNNO IF ILL BUY HIS NEW CD THOUGH-IVE BEEN SAVING UP TO GET THE NEW MINISTRY OF SOUND HEADLINERS SET (BY SISTER BLISS)

AND SONIC...IF EXIT WERE TO CLOSE, ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ENJOY THE PLACE WILL START CROWDING THE OTHER CLUBS LIKE SF, LL, VINYL, AND CENTRO

IM SURE NO ONE WANTS THAT

buddy, lemme tell u something about Oakie. i am a big big listener of Oakie and the man has lost his touch. 4-5 years ago, he had it ok. Ever hear GU NY, one of the best trance albums ever made, that and Tranceport 1. now i hear about that swordfish shit, and his Hollywood buddies, and the man lost his vision, his drive and passion. I will always consider him one of the best djs around because of GU NY, Tranceport, Havana EM and other great music hes made, but right now, im feeling guys like Digs, Tomiie, J Creamer and DT a lot lot more than Oakie. "Holllywood Oakie" has to earn his respect back.

Oakie is a great dj. Forget about this selling out bs. I think anyone in his shoes would have done the same thing. You can make this same argument for ANY artist/musician/director that has made it "big" from a financial perspective (i.e., Picasso, Warhol, Steven Spielberg, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Madonna, Sasha, Digweed, etc, etc, etc...)

I agree, the Swordfish CD was crap, however, many great musicians/artists have their ups and downs. The new Oakenfold Ibiza album is GREAT.

It has yet to be released in the U.S. due to some disagreements with the U.S. label. You can still purchase the CD at Satellite Records - it is the UK import. It's expensive ($34), but if you like Oakey, it's worth the expense.

Best, Alex :smoke:

GU NY came out in 98 and it was th best Trance album ever but my dear friend if you listen to him again like you use to then you will agree with me that HE HAVE NOT LOST HIS TOUCH at all .. we remains the same .. its just that GU NY and transport had THE BEST SONGS, we dont get to hear such music now ..

BUT i think ANOTHER WORLD was as great as GU NY

AND perfecto presents oakenfold at IBIZA is OUT IN USA and YOU CAN BUY IS FROM A VIRGIN MUSIC STORE ITS FOR SALE 15$

HE IS BEST DJ

GU NY came out in 98 and it was th best Trance album ever but my dear friend if you listen to him again like you use to then you will agree with me that HE HAVE NOT LOST HIS TOUCH at all .. HE remains the same .. its just that GU NY and transport had THE BEST SONGS, we dont get to hear such music now ..

BUT i think ANOTHER WORLD was as great as GU NY

AND perfecto presents oakenfold at IBIZA is OUT IN USA and YOU CAN BUY IS FROM A VIRGIN MUSIC STORE ITS FOR SALE 15$

HE IS THE BEST DJ...

No other DJ can be as popular as him and thats what annoys ppl ... cause they dont like his music style but despite he is NUMBER 1

www.thedjlist.com

www.worldpop.com/dance

Just look at the DJ rating pls...

thank you

ignore the last post .. it was sent by mistake

Oakenfold made a name for himself 4-5 years ago... i heard him at Area one.... he was GARBAGE!!!!! he is wayyyy to overrated.... his time has passed.... In my opinion, Tenaglia kinda did that too, by making a big name for himself by having his residency at Vinyl.... the only thing is, Tenaglia is still continuing to tear it up, from venue to venue, and Oakenfold is too busy cancelling dates because of lost records.....

Well So many ppl hate oakenfold hahaaaaaaaaa

IN Area one he was amazing .. i was even there didnt you hear all the ppl saying OAKEY OAKEY a zillion times before he came .. ppl were goin crazy when the PERFECTO flags came down ..

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY DJ GETTING THAT MUCH RESPECT .. ?

His set was really good just that you guys are STUCK TO THE SAME MUSIC which he use to play 4 years back ..

HAVE A Broad mind and try all kinda styles in music ....

AND he did not forget to bring his vinyls but they got lost ...

and long as 50$ is concered then you should know that THE CLUB OWNERS are making the profit on his name he is not taking any EXTRA money ... SO dont blame him for his popular name ...

and i know alot of you cant afford that .. BUT remember alot of ppl can and where ever he plays it will be jamed PACK ..

HE is the ONLY ONLY FUCKIN DJ who clicks with the crowd .. ppl just go crazy on what he plays .. he is ORIGNAL .. HE WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED TRANCE IN FUCKIN LONDON .. AND THEN ALL THE OTHER DJ CAME WHO U PPL WORSHIP NOW ..

no doubt PVD , sasha and diggers are amazing but Oakenfold is the best ...

YOu know what i am talking about if you were in AREA ONE TENT ...

SO my dear friends .. face the fact that He is the best DJ

www.worldpop.com/dance

was the website of this year who got the AWARD FOR BEST DANCE WEBSITE ..

and CHECK THE TOP 100 DJ's .. and check who is NUMBER 1...

plus it doesnt matter what you guys say about him .. there are zillions of ppl who love him ..

AND if he is that cheesy then WHY IN EVERY FESTIVAL HE IS THE MAIN GUY OF THE EVENT LIKE FOR EXAMPLE

CREAMFEILDS, HOMELANDS , GATECRASHER....

SO KEEP YOUR DAMM LAME IDEAS TO YOURSELF AND START LIKING HIM FOR WHAT HE IS .. HE IS THE ONLY DJ WHO PLAYS IN USA REGULAR .. WHERE IS SASHA OR DIGWEED AFTER TWILO GOT CLOSED HUH .. DO YOU SEE THEM ..NO ...

IM SORRY IF I WAS RUDE BUT LETS FACE THE FACT...

What are you all talking about?? The Swordfish album is fantastic! It's not a 'clubbing' album but when it comes to cracking on with some work it's wicked. Plus the soundbites from the film are spot on.

and yeah, the $50 head - that's just NY club crap. His residency @ Home in London was only 15 quid every Saturday with other DJ's in the line-up...

Hey buddy I really dont give 2 SHITS about what u think sonicinfusion like I said b4 i wish he would go back to his original style from 4 yrs ago and stop cheesing out....I use to be a huge oakie fan and I got dissed on by numerous board members back in the day on this board for standing up for oakie buddy so like I said b4 OakenJoke SUcks ASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

and thats MY OPINION

The Ibiza CD's not bad, but you should probably stop worshipping him like some random god.

--

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

Well So many ppl hate oakenfold hahaaaaaaaaa

IN Area one he was amazing .. i was even there didnt you hear all the ppl saying OAKEY OAKEY a zillion times before he came .. ppl were goin crazy when the PERFECTO flags came down ..

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY DJ GETTING THAT MUCH RESPECT .. ?

His set was really good just that you guys are STUCK TO THE SAME MUSIC which he use to play 4 years back ..

HAVE A Broad mind and try all kinda styles in music ....

AND he did not forget to bring his vinyls but they got lost ...

--

Respect doesn't mean as much as you think. Britney Spears gets respect.

People get stuck to the music he played 4 years back cuz it's good music.

And actually, he plays cheeseball sets here in the US. At parties in Europe, he actually breaks new music. (One specific instance, a couple of months ago, he played a Scotland club's b-day set, 80% of his set were new tracks or remixes.)

--

and long as 50$ is concered then you should know that THE CLUB OWNERS are making the profit on his name he is not taking any EXTRA money ... SO dont blame him for his popular name ...

and i know alot of you cant afford that .. BUT remember alot of ppl can and where ever he plays it will be jamed PACK ..

--

Do you not know how much he makes for two hours? I pay 50 bucks, yeah. For festivals, in particular...seen the BOO 6 lineup?

--

HE is the ONLY ONLY FUCKIN DJ who clicks with the crowd .. ppl just go crazy on what he plays .. he is ORIGNAL .. HE WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED TRANCE IN FUCKIN LONDON .. AND THEN ALL THE OTHER DJ CAME WHO U PPL WORSHIP NOW ..

--

Actually, every DJ has his/her crowd. His crowd goes insane cuz they worship his name.

And you'll note that quite a few people who knocks his style now recognizes his work in the field. It's what he does now that's bad.

--

no doubt PVD , sasha and diggers are amazing but Oakenfold is the best ...

YOu know what i am talking about if you were in AREA ONE TENT ...

SO my dear friends .. face the fact that He is the best DJ

--

No, I saw hype. Hype ain't fact.

--

www.worldpop.com/dance

was the website of this year who got the AWARD FOR BEST DANCE WEBSITE ..

and CHECK THE TOP 100 DJ's .. and check who is NUMBER 1...

--

Not very impressive. Once again, you're going by hype. Just cuz people like him doesn't mean he's good.

--

plus it doesnt matter what you guys say about him .. there are zillions of ppl who love him ..

AND if he is that cheesy then WHY IN EVERY FESTIVAL HE IS THE MAIN GUY OF THE EVENT LIKE FOR EXAMPLE

--

Again, hype.

--

CREAMFEILDS, HOMELANDS , GATECRASHER....

--

Because he plays good music in Europe.

--

SO KEEP YOUR DAMM LAME IDEAS TO YOURSELF AND START LIKING HIM FOR WHAT HE IS .. HE IS THE ONLY DJ WHO PLAYS IN USA REGULAR .. WHERE IS SASHA OR DIGWEED AFTER TWILO GOT CLOSED HUH .. DO YOU SEE THEM ..NO ...

--

He's a sellout here, "breaking the market" as he mentioned so many times. Until he gets his act together and plays good stuff, he'll still be a sellout.

--

IM SORRY IF I WAS RUDE BUT LETS FACE THE FACT...

--

There's the facts, now face them.

--

dude im not goin by hype its just that it pisses me off the way ppl DISS him and no one takes OAKEY AS GOD but he has a god like status in the music .. cant do much about it can we ..

and plus its not the hype its just that we never diss out DJ's who you ppl like .. so you should not diss the DJ we like ... he is King and that is true ...

and plus we live in newyork so you have to pay over 50$ to see oakenfold .. cant do much about it ......

So if you dont have that much budget to see him for 2 hours then dont brag your shit here .. cause his fans will pay more then 100$ to see him for 2 hours ....

L8er

dude im not goin by hype its just that it pisses me off the way ppl DISS him and no one takes OAKEY AS GOD but he has a god like status in the music .. cant do much about it can we ..

and plus its not the hype its just that we never diss out DJ's who you ppl like .. so you should not diss the DJ we like ... he is King and that is true ...

and plus we live in newyork so you have to pay over 50$ to see oakenfold .. cant do much about it ......

So if you dont have that much budget to see him for 2 hours then dont brag your shit here .. cause his fans will pay more then 100$ to see him for 2 hours ....

L8er

He's a Godlike status because of the things he did in the past that you accuse people of hanging on to (IE "discovering" Ibiza, playing his Cream courtyard sets, signing breakthrough acts like Salt n Peppa, discovering new talent, etc).

It's quite lovely that he has followers. However, right now, he's not doing anything to justify his pay or his status. The people that you accuse of hanging on to the past knows what he is or at least was at one time capable of and he isn't living up to that.

Just because I won't pay 50 bucks to see him doesn't mean I won't pay 50 bucks to see a show. His US shows aren't worth 50 bucks in my opinion.

I'm sure he has fans like you to pay his bills. And we all do have our opinions. But comments like "he's king and that's true" and "no one takes OAKEY AS GOD but he has a god like status in the music .. cant do much about it can we .." just goes to show exactly how wrong your claims of "dude im not goin by hype" is. His sets are rather flat and I've seen way better performances out of other DJs. Why does he deserve his $XX,XXX.XX amount per night? Ain't the music....

You have your tastes, I have mine, so on and so forth. But If you're going to counter the claims that Oakenfold sucks, even go as so far as to exclaim that he's a "god", then you need to show us why. So far, I've done a better job of justifying his weight in salt than you have, and I'm the one criticizing him.

One word: HYPE.

Dude His sets are not BAD .. yes he was playing old music since 6 months cause there is No talent in USA so he wants to start from the starting and plus his set @ the world was not bad at all he played all the new shit ...and all those songs are in the Perfecto Present oakenfold in ibiza

and other add up are ...

Pile driver

We come one

and timo maas vs kosheen - ubik vs hide you

.....you have to agree with me there is no DJ out there who clicks with the crowd that well... other DJs they are way to busy mixing .. he is always pointing at ppl .. jumping .. and doin all sort of stuff which a dj needs to make the crowd go crazy ...

then if you think he is cheesy then why is he still Number 1 DJ ..

well think over it ...

what i think is

Most popular Oakenfold

Best mixing Sasha

Best Tunes Tiesto

and then digweed

and then Vandyk ...

Plus he does not make $$$$$$$ in one night the promoters are the one who take the BIG SHARE ...and the owners ofcourse.. they use his name and they know ppl like pay $50 to see him for 2 hours .. well if you were in this business u would do the same ..

If you were a DJ and hollywood ask you to make a sound track for a movie u will .. what makes u think OTHER DJS will stop who YOU LOVE ...

NO ONE WILL STOP

CAUSE you have the DOUGH on your mind 24/7 in any business

Plus he does not make $$$$$$$ in one night the promoters are the one who take the BIG SHARE ...and the owners ofcourse.. they use his name and they know ppl like pay $50 to see him for 2 hours .. well if you were in this business u would do the same ..

If you were a DJ and hollywood ask you to make a sound track for a movie u will .. what makes u think OTHER DJS will stop who YOU LOVE ...

NO ONE WILL STOP

CAUSE you have the DOUGH on your mind 24/7 in any business

they blew his ass up on the bedrock boards...his own peeps from london don't like him...read that they liked the guy who opened for him more...listened to a bunch of his tracks...not my bag baby...$50 bucks for a couple hrs...fuck that...$45 for sasha n digweed or digweed alone is aight...$20 to get down n dirty with dt is the best deal anywhere

Dude His sets are not BAD .. yes he was playing old music since 6 months cause there is No talent in USA so he wants to start from the starting and plus his set @ the world was not bad at all he played all the new shit ...and all those songs are in the Perfecto Present oakenfold in ibiza

and other add up are ...

Pile driver

We come one

and timo maas vs kosheen - ubik vs hide you

--

Big tunes, Big tunes, Big tunes, played till death and whatnot. See, Oakenfold used to BREAK new tunes, played them BEFORE they were already played by everyone else. Looking at it now, by Tranceport he was already showing signs of this new trend. And actually, there's quite a bit of talent here in the U.S., whether it's local or foreign. You're listing quite a bit of them yourself on this list. Forgetting so fast?

Oh, and just my opinion, but drum n bass mixed into progressive with ANOTHER progressive track = rapid stink action.

--

.....you have to agree with me there is no DJ out there who clicks with the crowd that well... other DJs they are way to busy mixing .. he is always pointing at ppl .. jumping .. and doin all sort of stuff which a dj needs to make the crowd go crazy ...

then if you think he is cheesy then why is he still Number 1 DJ ..

well think over it ...

--

Yeah well, you like him jumping around, some of us like the music and some crowds go crazy to the music and not for the "performance". "other DJs they are way to busy mixing"? That's telling. And you should probably know that there are other DJs who does this jumping around thing and plays better music and charges less and plays longer.

And if you haven't notice, sometimes, cheese sells very well (see: U.S. pop music scene.)

And it's a combination of everything that makes him not what he used to be. I acknowledged that Ibiza's not such a bad CD. But that doesn't make his sets any less cheesier. Set at world not bad, you say? Promoters getting all paid, you say? Check how much HE CHARGES FOR PLAYING A NIGHT. Then check out the boo 6 line up for how much 50 bucks can go and tell me again what justification there is to pay the same and see Oakenfold for 2 hours.

Oh, and the promoters and owners gets paid more when the night goes longer and the bar tabs add up. Oakenfold's the one who doesn't play long enough.

He should probably make more of an effort. But I guess you're right, he doesn't have to now with his following. This would mean that he's not getting any better eh? Shame.

And for your information, popularity - actual skill/effort = HYPE.