Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NO RAVE @ EXIT 2nite!!!!!!

PEOPLES.. NYC IS SUCH A DICK. I GO TO THE CLUB AT LIKE 1130. FUCKIN IM TOLD TO GO TO QUEENS. I HAD NO RIDE AND NO MORE MONEY SO I COULDNT GO. IM SO PISSED I REALLY WANTED TO GO. FUCK EXIT AND FUCK NYC. IM THREW WITH THE CRAP..FIRST MEKKA, THEN CREAMFIELDS.. NOW ELECTRIC CIRCUS.. SUCH CRAP..

Originally posted by realz

uhh Exit Fridays began in April of 2000

Grand Opening was sometime in the fall/winter.... so it must have been 1999

exit was fucking ridiculous when they first started the friday party.......opening night was one of the sickest music night i ever heard....i forget the 2 names of the 2 guys that spun that night but they were soooooooooo ill

EC still went on... but I guess they just cut out a bunch of the DJ's since Amazura only had like two rooms (one big main floor and a small room overlooking it). Despite the relocation, it was still a pretty big crowd. The good things was it wasn't packed like cattle @ Exit, so there was plenty of room to actually dance and move around. Started off weak at like 11. Some dude was mixing techno & jazz or somethign and playing a trumpet which kinda had the crowd confused and just about ready to take the trump and beat him with it. But at like 1AM, Acosta came on and tore it up. (They threw out a couple of his Trance Nation America Two CD's. Caught one, but gave it up to a cutie who asked nicely =P) Chris Lawrence came on after and had the place kickin til like 5. Those two were awesome and by the time they were done, I was pretty much dead tired. Chilled to some house til like 6:30 and left. Great party overall to wrap up the summer.

The beginning of the Friday party was DEF. off the fucking hook. I remember taking bumps next to bouncers, smoking blunts WITH the bouncers LOL.... shit was so hot

I remember the first time I went to Exit, George Acosta had his record release party for AWAKENING. (MUSIC WAS CRAZY!!!)

Then after that......... it used to be Eddie Baez & Tony Draper.

drove to the city from philly to stay with a friend.....5 of us went....get out of the cab at the corner of 56th and some guy asks if were going to exit and he hands me a flyer telling me to go to queens....WTF!!! so we debate....it would be a 30$ cab ride and the asshole cab drivers wont let more than 4 people in the cab( i know its the law...but every cabby follows all the laws?? yeah right) so I decide to drive, I figure since the paragraph of directions...we would find our way....

THe asshole who wrote the directions had to be f**ked up cause the directions were way off....I talked to at least 3 people at the party that had problems....so after a half hour of being lost in queens, we pay a cabbie to lead us to the ballroom. So now its like 12:45...we finally get there......the trumpet playing DJ...cool cause he was original, but couldnt take it....checked out the back upstairs room and they were rockin it with some wicked D&B. Finally...."Please welcome, George Acosta" he completely tore it up.....he was really on....then Chris lawrence was really havin fun. Then Felix came on and I never heard him, but have been wanting to and he was good too. so after starting out the night really bad....i left at 6:00 and it was a great night....but really dissapointed in PRM...I know it wasnt thier fault that exit was shut, but I was on the website at 6:00 PM looking for the DJ schedule....why didnt you update the webpage??

I was told they was having shuttle buses from Exit to the Amuruza. Anybody know if this is true? Cost? Anyways, I got to the venue like 11:30. About 30-45 min outside waiting....

Finally bumped into my friends. Funniest quote for the night, are you rolling? me: no. the guy: what are u ? me: dusted..wanna smoke a another dippp.. guy:your the only person thats not rolling tonight. LOL!! Was in the main room to long... I wanted to stay in the jungle room hole nght..

I triped over to many fucked up people.. Please do not sit in the middle of the steps.. Jungle room was too hot ;( Its always like that =( I didnt really stay in the jungle room as much as I want because my friends I was with are not really into jungle so I missed alot of the acts I came for.. =(

Really enjoyed Datcyde's set.. Who was spinning 4:30 in jungle room? I feel dumb asking that. Omg amazing set. Also please like I screamed kill the whistles!! Eeeeeeeeeeeek ;)

Lol, no shuttle buses. The only thing near Exit were rats (saw one running across as I drove thru that garbage building tunnel) & a bunch of promoters handing out directions. And hahah I know what you mean about those directions. That thing was written/typed up by a 1st grader (public edjumacation anyone??).

But yea, for out-or-state ppl, finding the new place was hard if you followed those directions written in ghetto (might have passed for German or some foreign lang.) Locals probably knew a faster way to get there.

Overheard some ppl saying that Exit was a front all along to draw a bigger crowd. The direction sheet said they found out that morning about Exit and had like a few hrs to get the new place. Seemed true since the setup at Amazura looked last-minute. Woulda been funny if they didn't find a new place and you saw a crowd of confused DJ's standing outside Exit...

Originally posted by clubhead32

Thats some BUll shit FUCK exit its like 12:45am in the morning time to go hear HOWELLS.

Dude.... fuck Exit! Howells was NUTS later on in the evening. I had a such an awesome time I just woke up now at 8:30pm. Howells was awesome, did I say that already? I can't believe this crap with Exit... I had a feeling something like this might happen because everyone was telling me that saturday night was the last night that Exit would be open before its shuts down for updates. Sorry to hear that so many people were inconvenienced by it. VINYL!!!!!! see ya