Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thanks and hugs to. . .

scratchapella

KATIE! for the ride to NY, and Malanee and Pete, even after that long 6 hour drive, I was still happy to see you at Vinyl! ;)

(oh esp Malanee, we got da hookup riight?!)

Ravermania, for letting me mooch so much red bull and water off you. Millie, seeing you dancing your cute ass off made me smile. :)

and finally to Danny Howells, the mf maaan! definitely one the most memorable sets I think I'll ever hear. . .

DJSizeup, it was great meeting you at Buzz, I'll have to visit you when I go over to Tyler's place next time.

the rest of yous, I'd better see your asses at Nation or Lawler this weekend!

Shady, how'd your gig at the Edge go?

Originally posted by scratchapella

Shady, how'd your gig at the Edge go?

Overall, I had a blast. Started off REAL shaky. Got a little too anxious and tried to mix straight in off the breakbeat DJ before me. His shit was pitched all the way up, way too fast for my tunes. Instead of just letting his stuff play out and starting from scratch, I tried to mix mine in. Ended up trainwrecking the first song. I mean, massive trainwreck. Not a slight one, where you're like, well, maybe no one noticed, but it was full on Amtrak, grab your bags and hold on tight trainwreck. I think the NTSB is gonna take a look at the wreckage for clues. :D Just kind of sunk my head, went to my record bag, pulled the next tune, and didn't look up at the crowd till I hit the next mix. Things went smooth after that, though.

Pretty small crowd all night. The whole club pretty much emptied at about 5:00 or so which kinda sucked. But there was a good 10-20 people left at the end to hear me drop the dirty stuff. Can't complain, considering I almost killed them at the start. :biggun::D It was most definitely a fun time, though.

Hey Scratch, nice bouncing with you both on Friday and SUnday nights! Howells was AM-FUCKIN-AZING!! THat was probably the hardest I've ever heard him play, better than his Jan set at Twilo. Very nice to hear Science Depts "Breathe" near the end...anyone know the name of the second encore he played?

All in all a great weekend, and hope to see y'all this weekend. Oh ya, a few of my friends from NYC are coming down for Pappa/Creamer/Lawler.

Scratch,

Very welcome!! Glad that I had company for the six long hours. I wouldn't have made it without all of you! Great meeting ya too! I'll be down in DC again, no doubt.

And yes, Danny Howells tore up the roof! Amazing amazing amazing! One of the best I've heard if not the one :)

See y'all soon :)