Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz Vs. Nation

lutness

I'm new to the area and was wondering how you guys describe the difference between Buzz & the Edge. I've been to Buzz a couple of times but never to the Edge. What are the happening nights at the two clubs, what kind of DJs do they attract, and what kind of crowd (i.e age) and clubbers do the two attract?

thanks

Originally posted by lutness

I'm new to the area and was wondering how you guys describe the difference between Buzz & the Edge. I've been to Buzz a couple of times but never to the Edge. What are the happening nights at the two clubs, what kind of DJs do they attract, and what kind of crowd (i.e age) and clubbers do the two attract?

thanks

Fridays - Buzz

Saturdays - Edge

Buzz is about as close to a superclub as we have in DC. Nice soundsystem, big space, big name DJ's. Front room has mainly drum & bass, back room has big time superstars. Nice patio, not really sure how much longer it'll stay open.

Edge is pretty decent. Two rooms also. Front room, depends on the night. Backroom is a converted warehouse. The Warehouse is a pretty big space. The patio is really nice, with a DJ booth - usually drum&bass out there. Edge sometimes gets big name talent to come through. A lot of times, it's a local lineup.

Crowd is pretty similar, although regulars at the Edge hate Buzz because they say the Edge has a more underground vibe. I find both to be cool - 90% of vibe is what you make of it. Either way, both clubs have a more underground vibe than any other club.

I love both. Buzz is like home to me, though.

No dress code at either.