Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Strobe Light, Smoke Machine, etc...

shroomy

Im pretty sure it is Xpress 2 that is putting out the group of songs about the differents shit found in a club...

The 3 I know are

Strobe Light

Smoke Machine

Mike Stand

What a great idea to have multiple songs that all link together and get played throughout the night. And how the Smoke Machine and Strobe Light songs reflect their namesakes in their sound.. too fun.

My question is.. Are there others besides the ones listed? and does anyone have these? and what are the actuall titles?

If they don't have a disco ball song they should! :)

Actually, the only x-press 2 I know of is "smoke machine". I never heard of the others, but they might be from the new album that willbe out at the end of the year.

Have you heard "strobelight honey" by Black sheep? I know it is hip hop, but David morales did this amazing dub of it. It came out in the early 90's. There is also one called "the strobe" on plastic fantastic records that just same out.

Its the strobe light track that really does it. The other two just have the novelty effect of tying together, and yes you need a really good sound system to make them work. Of course being in the "proper frame of mind" helps quite a bit :)

Im getting the strobe light track.. when I do give it a listen and see what you think.

BTW who remembers the song Strobe Light by the b-52's?

I wanna make love in the strobe light baby!!

Originally posted by shroomy

Yeah strobelight is an older track but there is a new remix making the rounds. Much better than the somewhat cheesy original.

I have only hear the remix a few times....I do like much better. It's a darker and more bass in it. Way more energy.