Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AHHHHHHH Clubpanet......

That worm is nasty. I had at least 500 logged attempts from someone (or something) trying to gain access to my PC last night while I was sleeping. But my firewall can only log a max limit of 500 before you have to clear them so it can start logging new attempts, so I'm sure I had more than that.

For people that are running IE and worried about this new worm, you need to disable active scripting to prevent it from installing itself on your PC if you do happen to come across it. You can change the settings from your browser under Tools/Internet Options/Security then go to the 'custom level' page for each of your four zones and disable active scripting from there.

well, since so many web servers love relying on windows, these code red worms work great in making these web servers hit the shitter. as long as web servers are run on windows, ull continue to see more red worm viruses aimed at taking down the internet. basically saying, its not clubplanet's fault but microsofts for making shitty software :)

Originally posted by thehacker

dave man, you just gotta get this shizzat off of IIS and no probs.

apache now and forever!

Message boards are on Apache, main servers are Windows 2000 and patched. It hit our mail server which is NT and not fully patched... Ouch... The number of scans from it overloaded our firewall and caused it to basicall shut down.

Originally posted by DaVe

It hit our mail server which is NT and not fully patched... Ouch... The number of scans from it overloaded our firewall and caused it to basicall shut down.

a DDoS to a mail server?!

first time i've heard of that.

damn these worm authors are getting creative.