Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Today's stock market

hecks yeah,,, my bro's got lotsa Money invested in Home Depot, and that's gone up 7% er something

i regret having an e*trade account yet not even enough $$ in there to trade!!!

O well, i still plan to get some tech stocks now that they're low...

Also, look for architecture firms... after the sept. 11th day, we;ll need some rebuilding plans

Later,

Georgio

Ive been buying the shit out of INVN, and RTN,LMT, NOK...

imo these are the best bets right now... plus you can never go wrong with industry leaders in these categories Cosmetics,Food,Tobacco,ALcohol,shelter,energies... depending on your financial situations, check out some CD's or bonds... less excitement but youll still have your money in a couple days...

BTW I hope the market tanks... I have a an ongoing bet that by year end.. around decemeber time that the market will be at around 8000 and i made this bet back in may... so im on the short side outside of the above stocks mentioned...

I would imagine that computer companies (Dell, Compaq, HP, Gateway, etc) would get a boost in business by those Lower Manhattan companies that have been displaced and probably had much of their equipment destroyed or seriously damaged. Does anyone here agree? Or is the number of affected businesses still too small to make a difference?

the number of affected businesses will be too small to notice. Verizon and its suppliers will be seeing most of the action (unfortunately...i hate Verizon!:mad: )

and be prepared for more losses...the papers in London are saying that the big insurance companies here (Zurich, Munich RE, Swiss RE, etc...) are going to be dumping billions of dollars worth of stock over the next few weeks to pay off insurance claims

there is a lot of uncertainy in the European markets abbout terrorist attacks. British prime minister Tony Blair has warned all hopsitals to be prepared for a massive influx of casualties. :eek:

The police here have found documents of Bin Laden's association of a plan to spread biological/chemical agents via cropdusters. :eek:

how are things in the states?

Originally posted by perfecto25

i cant believe this, i lost money on lockheed martin. wtf, i thought the entire defense sector would be getting back up now. and boeing, fuggedaboutdit, airbus will destroy them now.

They said the Defense Sector is still in the "wait 'n see" attitude.