Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTC virus

Something I received at work...

In general, don't open anything attached to mails in which you don't know the sender!

--

VIRUS NOTICE:

There is another new Virus passing throughout the Internet with the subject line:

Fwd: Peace BeTween AmeriCa And IsLam !

The message body says:

Hi! iS iT A waR Against AmeriCa Or IsLam! Let's Vote To Live in Peace!

This virus comes with an attachment called WTC.exe and uses your Outlook Address Book to send the virus on. Our Corporate email system currently blocks receipt of the file. However, personal email accounts do not protect you from receiving these files. If you receive this email in ANY email account, please delete it and then delete it again from your Deleted Items or Wastebasket folder.

WHAT IT DOES:

The virus will delete certain files and will put a .vbs file onto your hard drive. It also modifies your Internet Explorer Startup page, and modifies another file which will then format drive c:\ of your hard drive.

If you see any message with this subject matter or any other subject matter that you do not trust, please do not open the email. Either delete it, or open a High Priority Remedy Request for assistance. Likewise, please do not open any attachments that you are not already expecting or that come from people you do not know. If you know the sender but question an attachment, contact the sender to see if they really did intend to send you the file.

Originally posted by msoprano13

i had a virus emailed to me and i had to rocover my whole system and i lost everything.......its fixed now but not exactly a hundred percent.......be careful... i lost about 500 songs that i really liked

awww....poor baby!!

thanks for the info

peace out

gianni