Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The World

I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on the WORLD nightclub? I went this past sat with 15 friends for a bachelor party. We got there around 12:30 no line great music, great crowd, gorgeous girls, alot of guys, later on it got better more girls and more packed b/c the place was pretty empty at 12:30. I hear all sorts of stories about getting in. We had no problem we drove up in a limo Navigator. But how is it on a friday night? Is it true that they allow all the girls in first then couple's then guys? Thanks

Well just wait a little bit give it a few weeks, until the Fall gets underway, the easy experience of getting in will be a distant memory the rule of that place is if your a guy and u don't get their before 11:30 do think your getting in.

You need girls to get into the World on a normal Fall / Winter night, that's probably the reason its so good in terms of guy/girl ratio.

I agree with eldude. Getting in without girls is impossible unless you pay off the bouncer at the door. The first time I went there I went with a few buddies and we had to pay the guy or else we would have had to stand in the "chump" line where all the other guys with no girls wait for hours. Then from then on we went with girls and had no problems. The club is a great time and Denny does a great job. I like that he's playing less cheese now, seems like the crowd reacts well to him also.

I was at World on Saturday. There weren't many people out on Saturday at all, I think people are still hesitant about partying in the city due to the obvious! Give it a few weeks and I think all the city clubs will be back to normal. As far as World is concerned, I think it's the best party in the city on a Saturday night (It's not afterhours so SF heads need not argue here). Great looking, older crowd that can handle themselves and Great Music. They ARE selective at the door, which I think NYC has been lacking somewhat, so I actually thing that's a good thing. Anyway, it's a great party with a fun and up-beat vibe/crowd!