Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving from NYC to Miami where are the coolest places under the sun?

duke10

I should start charging for this...

Best nightlife venues (in no order...)

crobar- 1445 Washington Ave, South Beach

A converted theatre formerly known as the Cameo, crobar serves to the clubbing elite as well as the beautiful people of South Beach. With a capacity of over 3,000 people, it is off the hook almost any night it is opened. Fridays and Saturdays are your nights for progressive house/trance from the likes of Ivano Bellini, Stefan Luke, Cedric Gervais, and guests like Pete Tong, Dave Ralph, and Dave Seaman...locals rule the roost on Mondays with Back Door Bamby, which has to be seen to be described...Sunday night is for the boys, but has some of the best diva house imaginable...

Cover is $25-40 depending on the night, guestlist is never an issue with their web-based form...

Door policy: better be prepared to play the game..

crobar website

Space - 142 NE 11th St, Miami

Converted from 4 warehouses that used to serve the Port of Miami, Space has caused something of a stir in the world of clubbing. With a 24 hour operations permit, Space does not stop at 5 am. Space has killer residents like Edgar and Oscar, along with Ivano on Sunday mornings outside...the secret to Space's success is it's guest lineups, like Paul Van Dyk, Deep Dish, Danny Tenaglia, Tiësto, and way more...it's open only on weekends, but that's plenty due to their insane operating hours :)

Cover is $20-40 depending on the time and day...

Door policy: Dance, boy! hahah...it can be a bitch or a cruise...everyone has different experiences...

Space Website

Opium Garden - 136 Washington Ave, South Beach

Used to be Amnesia, but now is Opium Garden. With an attached restaurant simply called Opium, this place attracts the true elites. With an indoor area dedicated to mainly ghetto styled hip-hop, and the outdoor main area usually having various flavors of house, Opium's a place to see and be seen. Sure, most people there look like they belong in Ocean Drive, but it's kinda fun in a weird way. Plus, you can grab food while clubbing if you wish...:)

Ivano Bellini, DJ Hana, and Lee Cakebread stop in often, along with some killer parties sponsored by the likes of Space-Ibiza, MoS, and more...oh and Playboy has been having a lot of parties lately too.

Cover= $20 I think, I haven't paid to get in yet. They soak ya in drinks though!

Door Policy: Prepare to wait, if you're a single guy or have an ugly girlfriend.

Level - 1235 Washington Avenue, South Beach

Level only has glitz and glamour going for it. The true clubbing elite have moved on to crobar and Opium Garden. Level should be seen only to admire at it's sheer size and newly renovated sound system (courtesy of FET, as well as the occasional guest DJ. Fridays are generally for the boys, except for upstairs which houses the Naïve party starring Lee Cakebread for the hard house heads..Saturday they could pretty much put on a Best Of House CD or something and no one would notice...

Cover: $25

Door Policy: There's a line, but skillful weaseling can get you inside in 2 minutes flat.

Level site

Restaurants...hmm

Rumi

Cafe Tabac

Shoji Sushi

Pearl

All in the same area pretty much, south of Fifth St on the beach...

I was just down this past wknd from Jersey and hit Crobar, friday and sat night.... Sat night was muuuuuuuuch better w/Dave Ralph spinning... All in all, great place... I went to Opium for first time on sunday, and let me tell you.. The women there were amazing!!!! Main club area was not open, so we were left to dance in the dining area, but place really attracted good looking crowd.. Drinks were quite expensive I must say, but it keeps riff raff away.. Learning spanish to talk to the women couldnt hurt either.... Many beautiful foreigners hangin in Opium.