Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glow this Saturday?

~surreal~

Hi everyone!

Just moved to the east coast from L.A., Ca. and will be in DC over the weekend visiting. I heard about Glow and God's Kitchen UK doing a monthly and I was wondering how it usually is? It looks and sounds like fun! We miss L.A. and want to find a place to party that's just as much fun or more, so hopefully, Glow's the place to go.

Thanks!

:D

Hey Surreal,

I'm down to meetup at Glow on Saturday. I'm also from L.A. (I lived off of LaBrea by the Santa Monica frwy) and missing it too.

Saturday will be my first time at Glow so I can't tell you how it is, but I went to a God's Kitchen party last month (in Ibiza) and it was pretty dope. If you get a chance I would also recommend Buzz @ Nations. It's pretty phat. Maybe somebody will post a meetup spot and we can meet there. Otherwise I can pm you my cell-

Crown,

A meet-up would be a nice idea, except for that fact that I'm terrible at it; I can never seem to keep track of time. I haven't connected my cell yet so I would have no way of calling ya. If you see us around though, say hi! I'll be with a tall light skinned Italian guy with spiky dar hair. I'll be wearing a long, iridescent maroon skirt, blue tennies, and either a dark backless or halter top.

Hopefully, tonights fun!

Cat

WHAT are you talking about?!?!?! I was in the main room at Amnesia- I don't know where you were... "Clean and sharp"?!?!? It was the exact opposite. I have been clubbing for 10 yrs now, nearly on a weekly basis, and that was THE worst sound system I've heard in ages, & the 10 people who were there with me were in agreement. You might want to check out Buzz one day to find out where the best sound system in DC is- they've spent a million dollars on their sound system.

Originally posted by tatgirl

~surreal~: where did u drive in from? NY?

Drove from Pittsburgh, and drove into the 'burgh from L.A. six weeks ago. We've been spending a lot of time in the car. :(

I agree with you about the sound system. I've heard better. I mean it wasn't horrific, but it wasn't kick ass, although with Gabry on the decks it really didn't matter -- he rocked! The best systems I've heard were at Giant when it was @ Circus, and the Mayan-- wicked sounds! (FYI: Giant and Mayan in L.A)

We're going to Laga this Friday, which is in Pittsburgh, to check out Charles Feelgood. He's another sweet one. Should be fun!

~surreal~