Clubplanet Nightlife Community

concerned about a friend

djmikedr

I brought in a friend. This weekend was his 5th or 6th time partying since last October.

From understanding that it should be a special occasion thing with the right people (and with me cause I look after him) he called this morning saying "wow that was a crazy night, I could this every week!"

I've been partying 2 years and see the cycle forming again.

Can I hear some suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Even if you did introduce your friend to the scene....You can not hold yourself responsible for his own actions. He is a big boy, even though you want to stop something before it begans, you can't watch him every second of everyday. I'd say just be straight up with him asbout the whole deal.

maybe you should have told your friend read some of the negative side effects of drug use, depression, insomnia, cravings, uncontrollable mood swings.

whenever i introduce someone to substances, i've explained the bad with the good. i abused for a while and it took a while to recover, i don't hesitate to discuss that side of it as well.

the key, as has been said so many times to using, is moderation. it is better for you (using less), each time is then so much better and powerful, you get hit so much harder and you recover faster, making for a more enjoyable experience.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Even if you did introduce your friend to the scene....You can not hold yourself responsible for his own actions. He is a big boy, even though you want to stop something before it begans, you can't watch him every second of everyday. I'd say just be straight up with him asbout the whole deal.

But I protect those who are in my circle, and especially someone that I bring in.

Its #1 of my Golden Rules of Partying:

1. ALWAYS look after everyone just a little bit.

Originally posted by sd

maybe you should have told your friend read some of the negative side effects of drug use, depression, insomnia, cravings, uncontrollable mood swings.

whenever i introduce someone to substances, i've explained the bad with the good. i abused for a while and it took a while to recover, i don't hesitate to discuss that side of it as well.

the key, as has been said so many times to using, is moderation. it is better for you (using less), each time is then so much better and powerful, you get hit so much harder and you recover faster, making for a more enjoyable experience.

I agree, and I have, but I think he sees what I've accomplished and wants that too.

Originally posted by apotheosis

I agree, and I have, but I think he sees what I've accomplished and wants that too.

at the same time, at some point you have to let people make their own decisions and learn on their own. just be there to help them get back up when they need the help, thats often all you can really do.

Originally posted by apotheosis

But I protect those who are in my circle, and especially someone that I bring in.

Its #1 of my Golden Rules of Partying:

1. ALWAYS look after everyone just a little bit.

That's good, and I do the same, but sometimes you can't....