Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you stay friends with your Ex's?

nrgy112

my 1st ex: didn't call him at ALL, i couldnt wait to move on

my 2nd ex: stayed friends, hung out, talked a lot for about 1 yr and a few months after we broke up..... i guess i just wanted to hold on to him........eventually i gave up any hope and stopped calling him

i have no contact with either and im happy :D

For the most part, I am friendly with them. I don't go outta my way to make an impression.

My last ex, am not friends with, because he's new girfriend is afraid of me.....It really sucks, casue he was one of my best friends. BEcause of her, he isn't allowed to have any female friends, unless they are hers!!!!

Have to say that I'm still in contact with a few of them. Even after 4 and 6 years since we broke up with eachother, I consider them my friends and wouldn't want to miss them at all in my life. A couple of my exe's though....I'm not really interested to talk to and/or see ever again...not that they ever treated me badly but they also weren't interesting enough to keep up the contact...I know that this sounds really bad..but that's how I feel.

Otherwise I'm always up for keeping the contact as people you've shared a part of your life and hopefully even a bigger part of yourself...shouldn't just enter and exit your path without even leaving a trace....though it really depends on the person itself and how much you think they touched you as a person.

For the most part, I am friendly with my exes. I dont talk on the phone with them but if I see them, we can say hi and have a conversation and it is fine. My longest relationship was 2 and 1/2 years and we broke up about 5 and 1/2 years ago and whenever I would see him, he wouldnt say hi to me (and he is the one who has been in a relationship since we broke up) but now he can say hi to me. I could never understand why he wouldnt say hi to me!!! I think it sucks when things end so badly that you can even have a conversation with them after the relationship is over!

Originally posted by nrgy112

Just wondering how many people stay friends with them?For me personally I try my best to stay friends with them, but there are always those few, who you never want to see or talk to again. What about you all?

some yes, some no. some of them date back so far i have no idea where they are any longer.

i've found that two people upon breaking up need several months apart to reestablish their own identities as single people or in new relationships, let the hurt feelings or disappointment or anger subside, then you find that you can be friends after time. not best friends, but casual friends.

Im a strong believer that its better to make friends then enemies and to have them on your side. however, in this case i dont think it would work out... it sucks...

Im friendly when i see them, but i dont go out of my way to talk to them or hang out with them... plus its only fair to your new gf/bf how would you like it if the person you were seeing was friendly with all they're ex's???

Especially this one ex-girlfriend i call the devil... I HATE HER... shes fuckin' fakaked in the head... it was impossible to be friends with her... Schizophrenia and shit... anyway thats a whole other topic...

This is a good question...my ex and I broke up and we stayed pretty good friends for about 7 months...kept in touch, hung out, really cared about each other. Unfortunately we did the friends with benefits thing and then it got really complicated. We both decided to get back together and it was fucking great. Now we just broke up and we dont know whether the friends thing is gonna work this time because we tried that already and it lead to us getting back together. And thats not really an option for me cause this is the 2nd time we broke up...confusion!

Ahhh message boards are such good therapy! LMAO :)

i've stayed really close with all of my ex's (3) except for one. we didn't just go from being in a relationship to being friends, it just developed over time. as shuga said you need time to reestablish yourself as an individual and more importantly sort through the feelings and emotions that you're experiencing.

similarly to flying-high, i believe that these are people that you have shared apart of your life with. they're also people that you obviously had a strong bond with, and that you had a lot in common with.

in my life they have become in pillars of stability, people that know me very well, that can ground me and that i can turn to for advice and help and provide moral support when i need it. they in turn get the same from me when they need someone to turn to.

sometimes i'll talk to one of them a few times a week and then we won't talk again for a few weeks. whats great about it, is that there are no expectations or needs. i also made a point to never get back together with any of them, once it was over, it was over. that made it a lot easier.

Originally posted by trancend

yeah me and my ex (as of yesterday) are still friends

what happened? it seemed like things were cool from what i've read on the board.

sorry to hear, hope your doing all right. let us know if you want someone to talk to, all of CP is here for ya.

Personally, I can't really be friends with my ex's RIGHT after we break up.. I can't handle it, with me its all or nothing. Too many feelings and shit or alterior motives. After things settle down sure, i'll be friends. But my former ex can't handle being friends..I think he's too pissed how it ended - OH WELL!!!!!! He can't handle hearing that I've moved on with my life....

As for the others, I'll be totally civil and flirt a little .... yeah they want it...hahaha

Originally posted by soldado

Im still friends with my X but she lives in NYC now while im in FLA...So I guess it made it easy...But if we where in the same town city I highly would not think so She did me dirty...and not in the good way LOL

That's why I started this thread, because I go to school, and one of my ex's really did some mean stuff to me when we broke up, and I totally hate her now, and I can't stand to even be in the same area as her, but I'm stuck, and I can't get this hatred out of my mind, and it's annoying me, that I might have to see her, and when I have seen her this semester I try to ignore her, but it's hard cause I hate having enemies, and I'm forced to give that fake HI when I see her, and that's annoying too.

Originally posted by bouncyboy

I don't stay friends with them, I mean I act civilized when I see them, but I don't stay friends, I mean I get jealous seeing my ex's with other guys. oh well...

Why do guys always do that??? If you break up with someone, why do they get jealous when they see them with some else???

Originally posted by dgmodel

'cause in our heads theres noone better then us...

and by you ladies going out there and proving us wrong, it makes us jealous. i guess???

:confused:

who knows... it could also just be our primitive instincts acting out...

I like the answer.....You might be speaking the truth;)