Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yeaayy I'm Going To See Bjork This Friday!!

It was sold out..

but using my super secret Mugwumpian underground connections I hooked up with ORCHESTRA SEATS!

(and I didn't pay an arm and a leg!)

WOHHOOOO!

I've been wanting to see her for sooo long!

And she'll be playing at aHUGEE venue with an entire orchestra!

Check it out..

Bjork

Bjork's current tour is coming to New York on Oct. 4 and 5 with a genuinely unprecedented combination of musicians. Her forces include not only a 54-piece orchestra, but also an Inuit choir from Greenland; an electronica duo from San Francisco, Matmos; and an electric harpist, Zeena Parkins, playing an instrument she invented herself. It's a lineup only Bjork would concoct.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/04/01-10/05/01

8 p.m.

Radio City Music Hall

I can't wait!

*Bjork fans check this link out :

http://www.bjork.com/splash/vespsplash.html

Yup very lucky.... I can't believe she's gotten so big since the sugarcubes. I wouldn't pay to go see her at such a big space like RADIO CITY specially w/ an orchestra... I'm sure if it was freebies I would go though. I don't like the fact that she's performing at Radio City... but, since she's gotten too fierce and has an orchestra>>> miss thang needs more space..HEHEHEHE.......

I hope she does a small venue show soon, for her oldskool low budget FANS....

:mad2: :mad2:

MUGZY- I too will be in the orchestra - tink RR- I prayed to the gods, and posted in Bjork's board and an angel from Chicago sold me his NYC tickets out of kindness, with the stipulation I not scalp anyone- how sweet is that! I am jumping out of my skin excited. Look for me, I'll be the girl screeming like a Beatles-fan in Hard Days Night! (j/k)

Go411, How can you complain about seeing Miss Thang, (which she totally is) in a place as big as RadioCity?!? no its not a club, but she sold out two shows in 10 min. Fan-base-wise she should be at MSG, but she is cool enough to know that her music demands better accoustics and an more decedant vibe. I can understand your possition, but RCMH is a beautiful space. :D

Originally posted by saigray

MUGZY- I too will be in the orchestra - tink RR- I prayed to the gods, and posted in Bjork's board and an angel from Chicago sold me his NYC tickets out of kindness, with the stipulation I not scalp anyone- how sweet is that! I am jumping out of my skin excited. Look for me, I'll be the girl screeming like a Beatles-fan in Hard Days Night! (j/k)

Go411, How can you complain about seeing Miss Thang, (which she totally is) in a place as big as RadioCity?!? no its not a club, but she sold out two shows in 10 min. Fan-base-wise she should be at MSG, but she is cool enough to know that her music demands better accoustics and an more decedant vibe. I can understand your possition, but RCMH is a beautiful space. :D

True true Birthday girl..

Bjork's sound for this tour DEMANDS a concert Hall..

I've seen her at the Roxy YEARS ago with Orbital,Goldie,DJ Shadow and Rabbit in the moon..

It was a small attendance and she was very graciouse chillin with Goldie on stage and belting out amazing vocals over

Drum and bass..

(If anyone else was at that show I'll buy you a round of drinks)..

She also played at that secret Church thing not too long ago..

and performed for a few lucky few at her apartment for FREE!

But for my $$ she's as good as it gets for a GRAND show..

(sometimes one desires something GREATER than a dance floor and a "hidden" DJ)

Saigray..

When are you going (Friday or Saturday?)

I'm going Friday..

meeting up with Pulsedriver beforehand.

PM me if you have the same dates!

CAN'T WAIT!!

:rolleyes:

I know I know .... I've shouldn't have said that ku she's fierce no matter what... but, I'm so used to those small venues shows. Like JANES ADDICTION playing at Madison Square Garden come on now... that's fucking going corporate now.. I remember going to see the Surgarcubes in bayfront park Miami 1990 >>> It was a great show and saw Bjork at Hammerstein but RADIO CITY IS NOT MY CUP OF TEA... YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD ONE and MUGZ try to take sum pixs... aaiight

Originally posted by awkwardscience

You are a lucky man

I am truly jealous -

it is sure to be something

you will not soon forget-

Bjork is amazing - one of the

best singers lyrically and creatively

(damn who else could use household

items to make beats and have it come out good

Enjoy

actually, that's not bjork, but the point is valid.

actually SPIN did a really good article interviewing her producers.

i like bjork, but wouldn't necessarily call myself a 'fan' in a fanatical sense. i've also never seen her live, but saw an interview of her on charlie rose.

this girl is just a pure creative genius. during the interview, whenever she talks or answers a question that's asked of her, you can see the creative energy and thought process that's going through her mind, literally oozing out of her. she speaks very pensively, yet deliberately, as if to trying to draw the listener into her mind to see and visualize what she's talking about. by sheer passion and an overflow of creative energy spewing out faster than her mouth could move, she can go off in tangents and at moments, confuses the listener. she speaks very passionately of the inspiration, approach and composition of her music.

if there were ever a person that i admire from sheer passion of what one believes in and what one does, hands down, she is it. listening to her speak alone makes me sigh in awe.