Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Being set up...

lollib

Has anyone ever been set up by someone they know and actually had it work out?? Some of my friends have tried this for me and it never seems to work out. Although sometimes I think meeting someone through a mutual person is the way to go. Anyone have any good stories or not so good stories to tell??

Getting set-up is a great way to meet people.... If you like your friends then most likely you'll like your friend's friends. My ex was a blind date for a Frat away-weekend. We spent 3 days in Nags Head and then 2 and a half years together after that. Life has lead us in totally different directions, but he is still one of my best friends and if fate were to ever bring us together again... well who knows!

set ups in the past havent really worked out for me... however IMO the best way to meet a person that has potential to work out is through your friends, but not as a set up... just having everyone hang out together and let fate take its course this way there isnt that awkwardness at first of being set up, its just bunch of friends hanging out having fun...

i totally agree with DG, when you meet friends through friends thats cool, thats how i've met most of the people i've been in relationships with. there's a common bond before you even meet.

however getting setup sucks, most of my friends are in serious relationships or are married. their g/f's and wives feel as though they have to set me up with their friends, and play little matchmaker. they know i hate it and they'll scheme when i'm out with them to have their friends meet us out and "randomly run into us". yeah right, they now exactly what they're doing. i guess thats one of the downfalls of being an eligible bachelor, j/k.

i met my bf through someone i knew.......not as a "set up" though, but i definitly wouldn't have really pursued him like i did if he was just a random (we were at World last february)

i actually had my only successful set up at the end of this summer --- i hooked up my best friend with one my bf's boys , we all joke and say that they are gonna get married now :love: i couldnt beleive they are actually together as a couple cuz of ME :D

Ok, back on to this subject. Do you think it is bad if someone wants to set you up?? I would have to say in the last month, about 5 people have mentioned wanting me to meet someone they know. Should I take this as a compliment or do people think I have desperate written across my forehead?? I am all for meeting new people but I dont want people to think I am kind of worthy cause and they feel bad for me!!!

Originally posted by dgmodel

My friends are setting me up with one of they're friends, and i i really like her, however i dont know how to go about this...

Grrrrrrr... in the past it hasnt worked out so i didnt give a fuck, now i do ... what to do what to do???

If you don't know her yet, how do you know you like her, and if you do know her, what's the problem?

It is that you know her already and you like her and your friends are trying to do you a favor?? Well, if you like her, exactly, what's the problem? Go for it! The worst that can happen is nothing will come from it. That is always how I look at it. You know?