Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hogs & Heifers

Has anyone been here? How is it?

A few nights ago, on the Travel Channel, I saw their "Top 10 places for singles" show... NYC was #2, behind Ibiza and right in front of South Beach (Miami)

Anyways, on the segment featuring NYC, H&H was shown

Seemed like bikers liked to go there, but that's just part of the crowd

They showed people dancing on the bars, and women leaving bras behind

Another place shown was a cafe called Drip, where people leave their info so to get matched with someone of similar interests

Interesting in its own right, but not sparking as much of my curiosity :)

But if anyone has been there and wants to make comments about it, go for it

I'll be perfectly honest, I've never been to the H&H downtown in the meat packing area. I've been past it and it smells foul over there. But I'm a regular at the H&H uptown on 1st Ave. btw. 95/96 St.

My brother-in-law's band THE GRINGO LOVE SHOW plays there at least once a month and they ROCK!!! It's a pretty kick ass place. We ususally pack the place up with a lot of professionals who just want to let go.

I've actually been so hammered that i was up on the bar and blacked out and fell into some people at the bar. :laugh:

It's nuts!!! I've never had a bad time there yet, even if I crashed.... Try it out sometime. And if you want to check out one of the shows, go to http:www.gringoloveshow.com for current show dates.

i've been to h&h a few times. totally not my scene (the first time i was there i was so out of my league that i went to twilo - dave seaman happened to be spinning!) but yeah basically here's the deal:

- yuppie girls from all over the midwest drooling over biker guys

- the 3,000,000 bras on the ceiling come from bachelorette parties - basically all of the girls get up on the bar and take their tops off and then pin their bras up to the ceiling.

- some british girl tried to beat the shit out of me there because she thought i knocked on the door while she was in the bathroom

its fun for some down home patriotic fun (there are bumper stickers all over the place saying stuff like "bike across america" and "live free or die") but like i said not really my scene.

drip cafe has a cute idea - for $10 you can fill out a profile that goes into this book. they have 2 bookshelves full of books and you can look through them and find people who sound interesting to you. for $3 you can have drip call the people up and set you up on a date. if you like 'em, that's great. if not, you're in this coffeeshop so at least you can have some amaretto.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

drip cafe has a cute idea - for $10 you can fill out a profile that goes into this book. they have 2 bookshelves full of books and you can look through them and find people who sound interesting to you. for $3 you can have drip call the people up and set you up on a date. if you like 'em, that's great. if not, you're in this coffeeshop so at least you can have some amaretto.

phatness!