Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your help

hi all, lately i've been thinking: maybe I disavowed trance a little too early. . .I used to love shiznit like Christopher Lawrence. . but some unnameable force took over and made me into this techno addict (w/roots in deeeeep chicago house, yeh the association's possible, ask any techno dj). . .anyways, i need some trance CD/track suggestions to try out and possibly redeem trance music.

the same 4/4 all the time, and don't the cheesy vocals and "uplifting" synth riffs get monotonous? it's a formula by now. . .anyone can be a trance dj/producer. . .but maybe i'm wrong, maybe i've been hearing the wrong kinda trance, help me out folks otherwise the door is closing. . .

Originally posted by scratchapella

raver, how did i know you'd be the first?;)

actually, i'm not that familiar w/psy trance, who should i look for?

hehe..Scratch...guess we're switching between posts! :)

Hmm...I'm actually not tooo familiar with psy trance artists considering that I only recently got into it. Look for stuff by Spirit ZOne, Astral Projection, X-Dream (the German group, not the Caffeine DJ), Infected Mushroom...thats all I can think of right now, but I'll let you know later. Spirit Zone and X-Dream are more dark psychadelic trance, while Astral Projection leans more toward goa trance (eg, more synth lines).

I've been to a couple of parties in NYC, and they're GREAT! Its definitely not as complex as techno, but better than normal trance, and a lot lot faster(lot of very robotic sounding riffs and samples). You should definitely check out a party- I'll let you know if something happens in this area

See you tomorrow!

Originally posted by scratchapella

hi all, lately i've been thinking: maybe I disavowed trance a little too early. . .I used to love shiznit like Christopher Lawrence. . but some unnameable force took over and made me into this techno addict (w/roots in deeeeep chicago house, yeh the association's possible, ask any techno dj). . .anyways, i need some trance CD/track suggestions to try out and possibly redeem trance music.

the same 4/4 all the time, and don't the cheesy vocals and "uplifting" synth riffs get monotonous? it's a formula by now. . .anyone can be a trance dj/producer. . .but maybe i'm wrong, maybe i've been hearing the wrong kinda trance, help me out folks otherwise the door is closing. . .

i'm REALLY NOT into trance anymore.....more the hard beats of prog house, and of course diva and happy house will always have a soft spot in mah heart :)

Originally posted by MadamMillie

diva and happy house will always have a soft spot in mah heart :)

UUUGHHHHH. EEEEWWWW. :puke: Say it ain't so. Some dive stuff, maybe, cuz they are diva's after all, but too much of that I'd go mad. Prog is the shit, but beyond that you can't forget techno and breaks.

i'm REALLY NOT into trance anymore.....more the hard beats of prog house, and of course diva and happy house will always have a soft spot in mah heart :)

werd!

house is my first love....i always come back to it. :D

Vocals is where it's at in my book. I'm all about vocals these days. And a booty, disco-y housey track in the beginning of a prog set is 'da money bomb! Or prog with disco-y synth lines or vocal elements. Now that's the shitz. I've been noticing a lot of those coming out in the past couple months.

e.g. Lexicon Ave remix of Science Dept.'s Breathe

Trisco remix of Rollerblade's When I've done my first hit

Deep Dish's remix of Planet Funk's Inside All the People

Cevin Fisher's Loving You

You'll have to blindfold me, handcuff me, hit me over the head with a baseball bat, and call me Alice in order to take those out of my bag.

I have no idea what I just said... :confused: