Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Long Distance Relationships

aboyfrombklyn

Possible? Impossible? Healthy? What does everyone think about them??? I've been with my girlfriend for a few months now and overall things are going great, despite the fact that she lives in Connecticut.

The only thing that's killing me (right now actually, at this very moment) is that I want her so bad. I can't wait til the weekend!!

Wow, you and me have the same problem lol

My boyfrined just went away to college in Conn, he's goin to the univ of hartfort. its a 2 hour ride so its not like farrrrrrr away like someone who goes across the country, but still its wierd not seeing eachother every day.

thank god he's coming up here this weekend, omggggg im gonna jump on him too haha

i havent seen him in 3 weeks!!!!:eek:

but i think these relationships can work (hopefully), i think it all depends on the relationship, the trust part and all that. Now every time I see him its like special ya know? Liek all the other times we used to see eachother every day and we took it for granted.

So now seeing him is like a big holiday or something haha

we really celebrate hehe

btw how long have u guys been together?? for me and him its over 2 years already

romy20

I think that they can work out. I think it all depends on the couple. If the feelings are truly there and if it's something that you really want. I truly believe that if you really like someone or are truly in love then you can make your relationship work through anything! Good Luck! Its nice to hear that you guys are giving it a shot. :heart: :heart:

I think it also depends on your definition of long distance...some peoe think a half hour is long distance....I used to travel 40 minutes every other day to see my boyfriend....It worked well, cause we never got sick of each other and we really enjoyed the time we spent together.

it'll work if you both want it bad enough........you don't take on just ANYONE that lives far. my ex lives in eastern LI and the drive was the biggest pain in my ass (goethals to SIE to the belt to southern state to sunrise hwy :blown: ) but i didnt care because it was who was waiting for me at the end of the haul. as long as you have complete trust, it shouldnt even be a problem.....plus having space will keep you wanting the other person more than someone who sees their man/girl everyday.... good luck to you :D

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

Possible? Impossible? Healthy? What does everyone think about them??? I've been with my girlfriend for a few months now and overall things are going great, despite the fact that she lives in Connecticut.

The only thing that's killing me (right now actually, at this very moment) is that I want her so bad. I can't wait til the weekend!!

Not to sound pessimistic however i dont think long distance relationships work... Out of sight out of mind... it very difficult and a lot of hard work... but it also depends on your age... if youre older it has a better chance of working out if you guys are still in your college years damn near impossible...

on the flip side theres also the theory of absense makes the heart grow fonder... i dont believe in that for these types of situations... i think thats only true for short term departures...

Originally posted by dgmodel

Not to sound pessimistic however i dont think long distance relationships work... Out of sight out of mind... it very difficult and a lot of hard work... but it also depends on your age... if youre older it has a better chance of working out if you guys are still in your college years damn near impossible...

on the flip side theres also the theory of absense makes the heart grow fonder... i dont believe in that for these types of situations... i think thats only true for short term departures...

Some very good points. I know for one I am not the type to be with someone everyday and with working full time and everything else going on in my life, I dont have time for someone else everyday. I agree though, as you get older, it is easier for a long distance relationship to work. When I was a freshman in college though, my boyfriend was still at home and I was away at school and we lasted for a year and 1/2 (even though we were only a half hour away from each other, it is still hard). I guess it all depends on how strong the relationship is also.

Guest jaxl

I think relationships are hard enough as it is, but it gets more complicated when you throw distance into the mix.

My bf lives 40 minutes from my house and while I would love to see him everyday, it becomes a pain-in-the-ass. If I go to see him after work, throw in another 20 minutes and that's if I'm not too exhausted because I stayed too late the night before. Aside from that, I hate driving home by myself at 1 - 2 am, especially in the winter.

Wish you the best of luck!!

Originally posted by jaxl

I think relationships are hard enough as it is, but it gets more complicated when you throw distance into the mix.

My bf lives 40 minutes from my house and while I would love to see him everyday, it becomes a pain-in-the-ass. If I go to see him after work, throw in another 20 minutes and that's if I'm not too exhausted because I stayed too late the night before. Aside from that, I hate driving home by myself at 1 - 2 am, especially in the winter.

Wish you the best of luck!!

Some more good points.... I agree with sum12nv, if you both want it bad enough, then it will work, you'll find away.

I completely agree with jaxl on the driving home part, I can so do without it, but at the time it didn't really bother me.....I suppose as you get older different things come into perspective.

L/D relationships are doomed to fail. Sorry but that is just my take. If it is a short seperation then okay it could work, but if there is no immediate plan to live close then it is going to be a frustrating and heartbreaking experience. :(

I'm in one now, supposedly, and it's that supposedly that's the problem. yeah, I talk with him on the phone and all but I rarely ever see him and I find myself getting frustrated that I have to turn down these guys that are right here for the taking. Besides that, it sucks when you want to get some ass and you just can't 'cause it's 5 states away. The frustration is killin' me. I'm going to have to break it off soon 'cause the whole thing is silly at this point.:(

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I'm in one now, supposedly, and it's that supposedly that's the problem. yeah, I talk with him on the phone and all but I rarely ever see him and I find myself getting frustrated that I have to turn down these guys that are right here for the taking. Besides that, it sucks when you want to get some ass and you just can't 'cause it's 5 states away. The frustration is killin' me. I'm going to have to break it off soon 'cause the whole thing is silly at this point.:(

Vixen I know what you mean, I just got out of a relationship and I know EXACTLY what you mean.....there are times when you want to be near him or her, whatever your case may be but its just crazy at times...IDk i just found myself depressed sometimes because I wanted to be near him and it just was not possible. LDR's i would say are what you make of them.......:( :(

never had to have a long distance relationship..... so im not sure what to say for this one.. i guess i agree with saying that it depends on the people involved and the quality of the relationship... i personally get frustrated after like.. 2 days of not seeing my boyfriend... and he lives 5 minutes away... i love the closeness and i love being with him whenever i want and being able to not see him for a lil while if we had other things goin on... i think i would get way too frustrated and i have an issue with trust also.. so being really far away and me not knowing whats goin on all that time we're apart would kill me... and i dont think i could handle that. but of course itd be worth a try if i had to.. cuz i do love him... but i dont think that ill ever have to worry about bein far from my bf now...