Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Copied CD problems.....playing them in a car...

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Ok I use to use these old generic cds from sams club...35 bucks for a 100.

Now I got a box of a 100 from tdk for 24 bucks...They are up to 16x burning speed. The old ones I used on a 4x burner and played fine in my car. These (tdk) are buned on a 10x burner and they play like shit....Sound quality is perfect but the cd player searchs for a while before most tracks, and fast and rewind are fucked up most of the time. I fucked with it like hitting pause or rewind and it helps but it is still fucked up..Does burning them on a slower speed help my car cd player play better....( I have a $600 alpine so it ain' t my cd player)...Also on the box of the TDK it says they are 80 min cd but I only burn up to 73 mins never past it.

Can any one help?

Hello

I agree with Dog6 TDK isnt my favorite brand, try something else,

I use Sony CDR 80 minute. Also check and see make sure they are not Audio CDRs, those are usually the ones that give problems , make sure you use computer CDR,s and not Audio CDR,s those are designed for stand alone CD recorders such as the Philips Dual CD recorder.

Peace Mane

i actually called about this problem, about a month ago, The reason is kinda Retarded ,, but 80 min CD's Use a Different Compression method, so that is why Cd's sometimes Dont cooperate well with Burners, and another problem is the Color of the CD ( Data side) BUrners Dont like LIGHT LIght Color for the Data,, That is why Some AUDIO CDR's Have a more Darker color to them,, and then If thats not the problem it just comes down to the Burner Not liking the type of Cd's ,, My personal Fav are Samsung , Bj's or Coscto have them - 100cd's for $26.34

(including Taxx )

:)

also what alpine head unit do ya use?I used to have the Alpine 7949 & I had major problems wit it playing burned CDs when i switched to Memorex i had less problems,but still had problems.They played perfect in my changer.The reason for it is as great as alpine is they are way behind the digital music revolution they have just came out wit CDR compatible radios about a year or two ago....It was the reason i switched from Alpine-7949 to the Premier DEH-P930....but if you got your head unit within the last year then simply switching the type of Disc should do it.,...I know how frustrating it can be.....:D

Guest saleen351

my alpine is like 3 or 4 years old but the dam white generic ones worked fine, I don't feel like going back to costco and returning them and I don't think costco has the white generic ones so I got to go to sams club. IT PISSING ME OFF!!!!

Years ago my uncle was telling me some cool shit. He is a tech genious...He told me DAT (digital audio tape) was not being released because of the record companies (this is years ago at least 5). The companies figured it would be impossible for the avg joe smoe to copy cds. well they were wrong. but DAT is just like a cd, same quality and you can skip track to track, and its real easy to record them...no lasers....SO I SAY WE START A REVOLUTION ON HERRE AND ALL SOME HOW USE DAT'S!!!!.. ok never gonna happen but I hate burning cds....Even with my brand new dell, I still hate it....

http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/deck.htm

some car stereos just don't play certain types of cds. i dont know the explanation, it just won't accept them. it has nothing to do with the way the cd is burnt, because i have cds that work perfectly in MY stereo & car, then won't work in a different car

ok first off 80 minute CD's and 74Min CD's use the same compression method. The only difference is the size. If you compared a 74min cd and an 80min cd, its barely noticeable but the surface area on the 80 min CD is just slightly bigger. Your problem with it searching and scanning is the table of contents, which is either burned at the beginning or end of the cd depending on the program. Im assuming you switched programs and thus I would recommend to try and switch again.

Originally posted by saleen351

my alpine is like 3 or 4 years old but the dam white generic ones worked fine, I don't feel like going back to costco and returning them and I don't think costco has the white generic ones so I got to go to sams club. IT PISSING ME OFF!!!!

Years ago my uncle was telling me some cool shit. He is a tech genious...He told me DAT (digital audio tape) was not being released because of the record companies (this is years ago at least 5). The companies figured it would be impossible for the avg joe smoe to copy cds. well they were wrong. but DAT is just like a cd, same quality and you can skip track to track, and its real easy to record them...no lasers....SO I SAY WE START A REVOLUTION ON HERRE AND ALL SOME HOW USE DAT'S!!!!.. ok never gonna happen but I hate burning cds....Even with my brand new dell, I still hate it....

http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/deck.htm

Bro why are you buying cds from stores

www.buy.com look under storage and just order them by the bulk, and have them delievered to your doorstep. Sheesh do I have to do everything for you.. If you dont like the price from buy.com go to www.mysimon.com let that animated basterd look for you.. Thats what he is there for. Later Good luck on your quest to find the CD's.

Tip: Go to compusa and buy just one Cd from any company try burning then see quality if its good and works fine then damn it buy those in bulk