Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ADAM FREELAND/Terry Casey @ Shine last night(Mugz review plus a very cool teaser Jpg)

Holy freaking FUNKY BREAKS! Terry Casey and Adam Freeland treated all that went to Shine to a non-stop night of some of the most interesting tweaked out Breaks this side of the Coast! And LORD KNOWS I NEEDED IT!

First off let me start by saying Thanks to Eddie Q, Alejandro, Broide and the rest of the GBH crew for setting this one up. Your parties never fail to impress me..(And the shit these guys have planed for the future is going to blow your minds! *Mugz zips lips)

Great Location, Great sound and a packed house...Why even Victor, the organizer from Guernica's Monday; Tronic treatment nights was in the house. (See ya at Hawtin dude)

Shine's got that "Low Brow" vibe that gives one a cozy intimate experience with the DJ with a descent soundsystem and comfy rest areas for recharging. No hassles, no dress codes, ALL MUSIC! Having said that let me tell you how amazing both Terry Casey and Adam Freeland where...

Terry Casey (Who will be opening for BT in the Pinky on the 23rd) Started the night with a fun and funky house set that slowly crawled it's way through some classics (Underworld, Layo and Bushwacka) into a true banging dirty "set up" for Adam..Veeery Funky and tribal even at times (Think the essence of Timo Mass's Acido de Bass remix)..

By the time Adam stepped up to the decks sporting a black shirt that read "JERK" (And which I am dying to find somewhere) the crowd was cheering and ready to hear some breaks...

And did he ever makesome breaksome! Holly shit! Was he ever fun...

I wanted to pop and lock and moondance by the time he dropped Techtonics and by the end of the night I even broke out the phazons (like a dork) and blinded the poor bus boy making him almost drop his tray of glasses and cups.

*Plus, unlike some of the other premadona "too cool" to socialize DJs that spin the bigger venues, Adam was chillin with the crowds..

Eager to talk about his new CD and music in the East coast before and after his set.

Very cool guy...Great new album by the way..I'm jamming to it right now!

(If you don't own a copy RUN TO THE STORE NOW AND GET ONE!)

All in all a great night and a FRESH sound for ears that have grown a bit weary with the same beats of this trance/House city.. Don't get me wrong I'll be dancing my ass of at Howells but sometimes you just need a Breakbeat pioneer to drop out of the skies and treat you to a proper night of Bangin Funky Breakz!

Great to see many of you there..and VERY GREAT to meet you Expander!

And missed you YET ANOTHER TIME PENSTAR..(if you really DO even exist!)

Mugz pics for the rest of the week:

(Catch me if ya can!)

*Hawtin @ Centro (Tonight 10/10)

*Jason jollins/DJ Devine @ Filter 14

&

*Mutiny @ Climate eight (Thursday 10/11)

*Jeff Mills@Limelight (Friday 10/12)

*Orbital @ Roseland (Saturday 10/13)

Howells (You KNOW where..)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ohhh..

Is that why you got home at Five in the morning mister?

arrrooooo?

Breaks indeed..

(Rolls eyes)

Hope you liked the brown squishy gift I left on your pillow Mr. socialite..

"uuuu I'm mugz..I'm cool because I kissed GBH's asses all night!"

Blah Blah Blah..

While you where busy shmoosing I had to hold my piss you bastard!

ARRRrooooooo..

(snort-snarl)

*Licks ass..

OK, I'm a little late, but anyway...

Freeland was fucking brilliant. Such a nice change from the usual crap. totally worth the horrible day i had yesterday. Plus, I love Shine. Its a great space.

Xpander, albyback, Mugz, barvybe, tranceyraj and pulsedriver:

A pleasure as always. sorry i had to bail so early...